Cuddling Up With Chris

Warning: Some smut ahead

Tonya drove home later that day. She and Alana were out for so long, that she let Tonya go after they entered the parking lot. Tonya just got in her car and drove home. Listening to Evermore, just as a way to come down off the high she was feeling. Thumbing on the sheering wheel at the red lights. Beating the rush hour traffic. She got home 20 minutes later.

As she unlocked the door, Dodger ran over from the living room to greet her. Tonya smiled and petted him. ''Hey there, boy. Oh, I missed you.'' She scratched behind his ears.

''Did you miss me?" Chris appeared from the kitchen doorway in an apron. He was cooking something special.

Tonya looked over to him and a patted Dodger on his head before letting him go. "Of course I did." She walked over to him and hugged him and kissed him. "Something smells good. And I don't just mean you.''

"I'm making lamb. Do you like Lamb?"

"Sometimes. Tonight I do." She kissed him once again.

"Well, it'll be a while. I'll grab you a glass of wine." He went into the kitchen, took off the apron, and opened up a bottle of Pinot Noir. He came out with two glasses. He handed Tonya her glass and they both made their way into the living room. ''So how was your first day?''

Tonya took a sip and sat down on the couch. "Interesting.''

Chris raised an eyebrow as he sat down next to her. "Interesting, good or interesting bad."

''Interesting good. I think I'm in the rest place."

Chris took a sip of his glass, more confused now. "Why do you think that already."

"Well my day started out boring. There was a weird interaction with Alana my boss and the receptionist Carmen, then I observed and took notes in meetings and then Alana took me out to lunch and then we talked about our past relationships and I also mentioned that I wanted to be a published author. I have a poetry book that I wrote."

Chris went from confused to surprised. "Wow, that sounds like an interesting day. You never told me you wrote poetry. Or that you wanted to be a published author."

Tonya looked embarrassed. Here this relationship was about honestly, trust and love, but this she was keeping from him. "Honestly... I only really found this out about myself while you were in LA at Pixar a few weeks ago. I have been writing in this notebook for years now, but I knew that nothing would ever come of it because Mark would never let me get it published, so I just did it as a way to vent and have my own private thoughts."

Chris nodded, "I get it. Does Alana want to see your work?"