𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. THE CURSE OF ACHILLES

▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ▬▬▬

Updated early because I just got my new paint-by-numbers Picasso set so I'm gonna paint while replying to your comments :)

THE ACTION STARTS NOW GUYS! I recommend you listen to this while reading: 

(Idk if you can listen to it while reading, but if you can't just find it on Youtube if you want)

It's a playlist of songs from Two Steps From Hell. Trust me, the songs are so fucking intense and they go well with the war scenes. I listened to them while writing this chapter and the chapters afterwards. I'll be posting this video in the beginning of each chapter for you all to listen to.

Enjoy reading everyone! Get your tissues ready :)

THEY SHADOW TRAVELED TO CENTRAL park, just north of the Pond. Percy wanted to try contacting Grover through their empathy link and it had worked with Grover falling out of a tree like it was some sort of a portal.

"Grover!" He yelled.

"Woof!" Mrs. O'Leary looked up, probably wondering if they were going to play fetch with the satyr.

"Blah-haa-haa!" Grover bleated.

"You okay, man?"

"Oh, I'm fine." He rubbed his head and that was when Esmerelda noticed how much his horns had grown since they last time she saw him. They were now an inch taller than his curly hair. "I was at the other end of the park. The dryads had this great idea of passing me through the trees to get me here. They don't understand height very well."

He grinned and got to his feet—well, his hooves, actually. Another thing Esmerelda noticed was that he was as tall as Percy now, and Percy was exactly six feet.

"Good to see you, G-man," Percy said, and they did that weird 'bro' greeting that she just couldn't understand. "You remember Nico and Essie."

Grover nodded at them, then he gave Percy a big hug.

"Perrrrcy!" He bleated. "I missed you! I miss camp. They don't serve very good enchiladas in the wilderness."

"I was worried," Percy admitted. "Where've you been the last two months?"

"The last two—" Grover's smile faded. "The last two months? What are you talking about?"

"We haven't heard from you," he clarified. "Juniper's worried. We sent Iris-messages, but—"