𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. CROSSROADS

▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN ▬▬▬

ESMERELDA WOKE UP FEELING NOT so very refreshed, which was the last thing she needed right now during wartime. Her head was still aching a little, her limbs were sore, and she felt downright filthy. She washed up and changed her clothes, but even then she still felt like shit.

The shitty feeling only worsened in the late afternoon, where Thalia stormed into the hotel with a glower on her face demanding that someone woke up Percy. Esmerelda, unfortunately, was the only one who knew where he had been sleeping so she had to wake him up.

"Percy?" She knocked a couple of times. "Percy, wake up! We've got a problem!"

The door swung open. Percy looked frazzled about something, then he saw her and looked even more freaked out.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I—I had this dream," he blurted out. "You were in it and... and Hades, uhh..."

She furrowed her brows. "What?"

He swallowed thickly. "Essie, um... about Bianca... I'm really sorry. Please, you have to understand that I didn't... If I could go back, I'd change it..."

Something tight constricted around her heart. "Percy," she began quietly, trying to keep her voice from wavering. "...Why are you talking to me about Bianca?"

The color drained from his face. He hesitated, but then shook his head. "Just... just keep what I said in mind, okay? What did you want to talk to me about?"

She regarded him warily. Something about him mentioning Bianca made her want to breakdown, but she couldn't afford to do that now. 

"A Titan came by with a message from Kronos. He wants to see you." She replied.

Whatever Percy had dreamt about was no longer important to him. He got dressed quickly and soon enough, she, Percy, Thalia, and Grover, were about to have a supposedly 'peaceful' conversation with a goddamn Titan.

She could see the white flag from half a mile away. It was as big as a soccer field, carried by a thirty-foot tall giant with bright blue skin and icy gray hair.

"A Hyperborean," Thalia grunted. "The giants of the north. It's a bad sign that they sided with Kronos. They're usually peaceful."

"You've met them?" Percy asked.

"Mmm. There's a big colony in Alberta. You do not want to get into a snowball fight with those guys."

As the giant got closer, Esmerelda could see three human-size envoys with him: a half-blood in armor, an empousa demon with a black dress and flaming hair, and a tall man in a tuxedo. The empousa held the tux dude's arm, so they looked like a couple on their way to a Broadway show or something—except for her flaming hair and fangs.