𝐱𝐱𝐱. ELPIS

▬▬▬ CHAPTER THIRTY ▬▬▬

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU GUYS GAVE ME ABOUT THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER! AND THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE TOO!!!

Speaking of advise, I've decided to change my dreaded Quotev username to "11QueenSupreme11" (my user for my Wattpad) just in case someone thinks I'm plagiarizing... from myself 💀 Not only does it sound awesome, it's a helluva lot better then fucking "FruitasManiac". I wish someone had been there to stop me from making that horrible decision because WTF WAS I THINKING?!?!?! I think I was going through a phase of something 😭

BUT AGAIN! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!! YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL!!! 🥺

ESMERELDA WAS FALLING—AND NOT in the romantic way.

She was falling thousands of feet in the air and had she been fully human, she would've died in the first couple of seconds. Either from the freezing temperatures of the high altitude, the rapid terminal velocity from the free fall, or from asphyxiation.

But fortunately she wasn't fully human and neither was Ethan so they were both still alive after falling for gods knew how long.

"ETHAN!" She called out, hoping he could hear her through the wind and his own terrified screaming.

He stopped screaming and looked... up? Down? She really didn't know which term to use since they were both falling upside-down.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" He screeched.

"GIVE ME YOUR HAND!" She screeched back, trying to reach out for him.

Her shoulder felt like it was on fire like never before. The harsh winds were stinging every area of her body, like little daggers being shot at her, but she didn't care. She tried to reach out for him anyways. She had to do this.

He reached out, but then his hand went through hers. 

"ESSIE, WHAT—WHAT'S GOING ON?!"

No! She thought while he panicked over the state of her hand. Now her molecular structure decided to break apart?! 

"GET MY OTHER HAND!" She shouted through his screaming. 

Unfortunately, her other hand was attached to the bad arm—you know, the one with the flesh wound her dear big brother gave her. 

Ethan grabbed onto her hand and immediately yanked her to him. She suppressed the urge to scream from the pain and concentrated on wrapping her arms around him as he did with her. He was squeezing her so tightly that she could feel his the stab wound from his broken armor.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" He practically screamed in her ear. "WE'RE BOTH GONNA DIE!"

"JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME CONCENTRATE!"