Chapter 4: Nurse's Office

Darius woke up in a very dark place and he knew he had just fainted a few moments ago for unknown reasons. He felt around the surroundings, but no light was penetrating through at all and his muscles felt brittle. Cold sweat dripped down his back and his breath quickened. He felt around more urgently and felt a soft cloth which he swiftly grabbed onto with all his strength. In an instant, a bright light abruptly blinded his vision and made him release his grip. He discovered that he was grappling onto the curtains of the bed which had opened.

Darius stared blankly before sitting up. Now that he was conscious he realized that he was in a white room with a refreshing scent which made him feel sleepy. If only his head wasn't throbbing, this would've been a nice place to nap. He thought, before being flung back onto the bed with great force. He let out a groan and painfully glanced at the hand holding him down onto the bed. The grip was frighteningly strong, and one push made him feel like his guts were churning constantly.

"Ow... it hurts..."

The hand loosened at his slight grumble.

"..." Silence permitted the air.

A few moments passed, Darius felt his face hot, his breathing heavy. He couldn't bother with who was beside the bed anymore. His skin was uncomfortable as it was soaked with sweat. Why had he fainted? Had he stressed himself so much?

The gaze permitted from the side became increasingly squinted looking on in an irritated way. Darius who was to dazed and dizzy didn't notice his motions. A slightly cold hand touched his forehead, and went into an upward motion as an attempt to smooth his furrow brows. He then reached out in the metal bucket and squeezed the water out of a small towel, securing it onto Darius head.

His headache felt better, but he didn't feel like he could sleep anymore with his clothes sticking onto his bare skin. So he touched onto the buttons and slowly unbutton one by one. His delicate skin showing through the crevices as droplets of water fell down his chest. Feeling weak, his arm became limp.

He let out an upset groan.

Before he could grumble more a hand flew across and buttoned up the clothes again making him feel suffocation.

Is this a new form of torture? I don't want to keep my shirt, I want to take it off!

He gripped onto the naughty hand, muttering the only words he could utter in his hoarse voice, "Don't."

The hand seemed to still but still decisively buttoned it up. Darius heard a low voice, "Do not unbutton it."

Suddenly, a drift went across him with a green light washing away the sweat filled shirt. Feeling refreshed he let out a content 'mnn' being as good as can be. The person also seemed content placing his cool hand onto his hair and caressing him, but quickly pulled away.

As he glanced in the distance at a cold face that appeared gentle in the sun, he felt sleepy again and closed his eyes for a long time since forever.

A few hours passed and the red haired youth woke up with the feeling of a small leaf falling onto his face causing a issuing of a sneeze. When Darius opened his eyes the sun was ready to set, it was already past school hours as the bustling sound of students crowding outside the building was heard.

"What time is it..?" He smacked the leaf off his face.

Standing up stiffly, he walked to the slightly ajar window gazing outside shocked at how long he slept thinking it was because he was exhausted from the sudden changes in his life. A dreamless sleep not plagued by the nightmares of the past, or perhaps he was dreaming a very pleasant dream.

In a corner Darius couldn't spot, someone was swirling their finger back and forth staring right at the infirmary.

"Oh geez, it's all my fault. I should've been more careful, he was acting so weird today and yet I was so so insensitive??" Monet lamented as she pulled the green haired elf back and forth, "Come on, Sarvel comfort me and stop messing around with that leaf! I wonder if I should go back and check up on him. I should wake him up everyone's leaving to go home."

"I woke him up already," Sarvel said his hair swayed with the leaves.

"Huh," Monet mumbled. "You used magic again didn't you? Magic isn't allowed on campus without supervision. If the school catches you, you'd probably be on your own. I don't think daddy could help you..."

"Don't worry, I have it under control." The green haired elf said simply as his finger twitched again. At the window, a small leaf could be seen escaping through the window sill.

"Blah, blah, let's go home then, I can hardly stand this heat!" Monet groaned and groaned over and over again. "I can't take it, I will strip this shirt off!"

Sarvel glared at Monet which startled her, "Whew, so hot, but I must keep my noble appearance. Since I'm such a dignified and hardworking Baron's daughter. Who could do nothing wrong."

In the next moment a shadow passed them in a flash seeming to be in a hurry. Monet twirled around because of the slight touch falling over and conveniently in the direction of Sarvel which he unapologetically moved sideways.

"Ah!" Monet yelled as she fell down extremely glum, "What a bodyguard you are."