Chapter 10: Carriage Surprise

'Is there any point?' Darius was having one of his fits again. The first one since coming to this place. Perhaps the change in environment was a bit too sudden, and now he was bedridden again. There was no sickness just a feeling of melancholy lofted over his body.

To keep you up to date. Darius got lost and was guided to his room by a nice maid. As the clock ticked by, Jim came in with splendid accuracy. Darius told him to send those thingamabobs to Lucifer's Reindeer or something dormitory. Hopefully, he said the right one.... He wasn't sure, but Jim would figure it out anyways! He was a capable young man. After that, well, he left to do that business.

Of course, Darius himself was another case. His body gave out and he flopped on the bed. He knew he shouldn't be on the bed lazying about, and that he had to go to school. But there was a surge in his head. An unpleasant moment in his past life passed by.

Bits and chunks start to generate a scene similar to a staircase. It was dark and he was hiding in the shadow of the stairwell. There was a quiet ambience in the air. Suddenly, a voice called out to him.

"Hey, isn't it lonely?"

Darius jumped, as he turned around. The face was covered in a blur, "Huh, are you talking about me?" The young boy pointed at himself with bewilderment.

"Yes, silly, you!" The blur prevailed, he couldn't see through it but he could tell the boy was smiling from his tone.

He was gonna say 'not really' like he always did, but for some reason something else came out. "Hum... I guess I am... just a little bit." A young Darius spurted out honestly.

"Then you should hang out with me." A hand reached out and the voice spoke one more time before distorting completely, "You won't be lonely if you do."

"You won't be lonely..." The voice called out again, distorted and like a quiet echo. "Lonely..."

Under his feet, Darius could see the ground fall and the only way he could save himself is if he grasped onto that hand. His hand stretches out towards his and as it was about to meet that monster's, his eyes opened wide.

"Was that nap a good one?" Jim stood from atop him, staring down with a smile. It was a creepy angle to say the least, he could see his double-chin and everything.

"It was an 'interesting' one," Darius answered as he realized that he had fallen in a dream rather than lamenting on a memory. "A very interesting one."

"I see. Well, you must get up now. Sleeping too much is as bad as sleeping too little. If you skip school today, I'm afraid the Master will take away your breakfast again and leave you starving."

"Breakfast..." Darius couldn't let that happen. The lack of food was probably the cause of his exhaustion. And the reason why that horrible damn dream happened. He got up without another word.

-

The carriage laid at the gates, it didn't move an inch forward. There was a familiar logo belonging to only Killian's family, a snake-headed plant. He guessed that Jim already prepared it beforehand as he walked up the steps and opened the door himself.

"Young Master," Jim shouted out urgently, but he had already entered. Jim could only walk over while shaking his head with dismay.

What met Darius's eye was a blonde haired teenager who stared back at him with those fiery red eyes. Two flames stared back at each other, but only one was trying to stir a forest fire.

"You've got in the wrong carriage you dimwit," Declan said, growling. There was a twinge of disgust from earlier this morning. "Why must you come so late? You should've left in the early morning with your tail between your legs as you always do. Now I have the misfortune of seeing your foul face again."

That was his plan... but he slept in, okay?! But, Darius wasn't in the mood today to deal with the noisy brat and was planning to exit calmly. As he was about to step backwards out of the carriage the blond hair boy shouted to the driver.

"Hurry, get moving!" The carriage moved abruptly.

Darius lost his balance as the carriage started rolling. With his quick reflexes, he stopped himself from hitting the concrete ground head first. Was he crazy?Did he just try to kill him just now??

He stared at Declan who was smirking at him. Forget it, he should be glad this was the first incident. With a frown, Darius sat across from Declan as he was still smirking, but that obnoxious smirk soon faded when he realized which bastard was sitting across from him.

"Why are you still in my carriage?"

"I don't know, maybe because a little boy wanted me to ride with him in his carriage so bad that he stopped me from leaving."

"You!" Declan's face turned fiery red as he repeated again. "You- you-!" It was as if he got so mad he couldn't continue his words, "Nonsense!"

"Is that not what happened?"

"Get out of this carriage this instant!"

The carriage was moving bewilderingly fast. Yeah, no chance. "I think I'll stay. We're going the same direction."

Declan spoke with clenched teeth, "So, you won't leave?"

"Gee, what a nice scenery." Darius looked out the window and exclaimed with faked excitement.

The boy stared with squinted eyes before yelling, "If you won't get out... then- then I'll make you!"

He pounced over at Darius and they started grappling each other. Handfuls of Killian's hair got caught up into Declan's fingers and Darius grabbed Declan's hair back in fright. This cat like little bastard, he thought!

"What are you doing-?!" Darius questioned.

"I'm gonna drag you out!"

It seems he really has no emotional control!

The carriage bounced wildly as the driver hands wrung with sweat. He thought of whether to stop the vehicle in fear of any of the two young masters getting hurt. That would cause his career to perish in a flash. Unfortunately, he wasn't given the command, so if he stopped, he would also be in trouble. So, the driver kept going at a slower speed, and the fighting between the two brother's continued all the way to the academy.

Darius tried his best to keep that beast under wraps, but he was crazy enough to even use his teeth! As he exited the carriage, he was as disheveled as can be. His red hair stood up in every direction and his clothes looked like he took a trip through the woods. There were even a few bite marks on his arms.

Meanwhile, the other boy glared at him angrily. Grumbling and stomping away with the same messy attire. What was he getting mad for??? He started it!! Thank goodness the time was still early so not many people had seen him. He ruffled his hair but it only became more of a bird's nest. In the end, he walked to the gate while fruitlessly hiding behind his palm.