Chapter 11: A Blossoming Love

Talk about bad luck. No matter where he went, it seemed like he was the center of attention (not in a good way).

Some of the kids even whispered behind his back about how even a commoner wouldn't show up to school messed up like him. Darius didn't want to come like this either, but he didn't have much of a choice after that little scuffle in the carriage.

Re-educating his younger brother deemed more difficult than he initially expected. Rubbing his pained shoulders, even the momentary thought of giving up flashed in Darius's head.

After all, whatever the hell happens to the Trevino household was none of his business. He only needed to ensure his safety, his survival. Heck, they probably wouldn't even appreciate his efforts, just look at how much they hate him.

Darius kept repeating that in his head ever since exiting that carriage, but when he thought of that lonely boy from yesterday. He couldn't help but be reminded of that lonely boy in his dream. No matter what, he couldn't bring himself to hate or abandon that boy.

A sigh came out of his mouth and even a slight laugh. If he thought about it, the carriage situation was a bit funny. Guess he could forgive the little guy a bit.

Darius somehow walked all the way to the classroom; no longer caring nor bothering with the whispers and taunts. The door was left wide open, and a few students were inside talking with each other.

A familiar feminine voice appeared from out of the blue, "Lili!" Monet called out.

From Darius's peripheral view, he could see a girl with wavy brunette hair, waving both of her hands in excitement. Her eyes sparkled with joy when she saw him; she looked a bit silly like this...

Instead of replying back to her, Darius passed the young girl and sat in his seat. He couldn't lie that his conscience hurt when he saw the expression on her face freeze.

Monet turned her head abruptly to look at him. Darius avoided that gaze, leaning his head on his hand and gazing out the window. He gulped. Somehow, he felt that if he looked in those eyes, he would immediately give up.

However, he couldn't. He had broken too many of his plans already from the very beginning. For a happy ending, he couldn't be close to Monet any more than he already is. It'd be fine, if it progresses just like the game, she should have plenty of people to hang out with.

Without warning, two hands reached out and ruffled his red hair. Darius eyes opened wide when he felt that sudden touch from behind. The red haired boy looked over to see who it was.

"Geez, are you still mad about yesterday? Or, are you embarrassed because your hair is all over the place?" The girl paused in her actions, and then leaned her head in front of Darius. Her entire face completely filling his view.

A big toothy grin appeared on her face, saying, "Im sorry, Lili. You're my only friend here, so please don't be too mad at me. I never meant to hurt you."

Right, Darius eyelashes fluttered when he heard those words. Sure, she might get a lot of people in the future. But, what about right now? She doesn't have anyone else.

If he thinks about it, he has wronged so many people here already by merely existing. Wearing the skin of someone else felt wrong, and it felt even more wrong by acting like he was this person. But, that's the least he could do. At least until it's time for him to leave this place for good or for them to move on, he can act for a little longer.

He lifted his head and consoled, "Don't worry, I was never angry. It was an accident, right?"

Meanwhile, in the corner of the room, the male elf was watching the red haired boy intently. His eyes met the other briefly before he turned his head to the other side. Monet had somehow started brushing the mess on his head with a comb.