Chapter 1: Trevino

The wind blew calmly, sweeping onto the young teen's face. His eyes were shut tight. A soft snore could be heard, and only when a leaf landed on his smooth face did he drowsily opened his eyes.

The young youth was called Killian Trevino.

He blankly stared at the ceiling which was covered in skillful designs. Immediately, sitting up to an unfamiliar scenery. The wind began to become colder making his body tremble.

In his mind was not Killian Trevino but Darius Anderson, a 38 year old adult who lived through misery after tragedy.

Darius could feel something was wrong here. It was clear that this body wasn't his. His skin was a much darker tone and his strands of hair were fiery red. He was much heavier too, before he was extremely malnourished living on the streets.

He stood up, scavenging through the drawers. Finally, landing on a small mirror. Darius swayed it close to his face inspecting the familiar kid in front of him.

Darius grimaced, although the face was oddly familiar he couldn't figure out where he had seen him before. He started rummaging around again trying to find a clue. Then a pendent fell out of his pocket onto the floor with a loud clang, opening by itself.

Two young children about 5 years of age were standing beside each other smiling from ear to ear. The boy was obviously this guy, and the image of that girl then flashed through Darius's head.

Darius wasn't in some dream, he was in an otome game called "MY LOVEY DOVEY Otome Story: The Prince's KISS?" And currently, he is Killian Trevino, the "bright", "talkative", "childhood friend" who woes the heroine by being beside her during difficult times. Personally, he was Darius's favorite character.

As to why he possessed an otome game. Way before he was wrongly accused of murder. His friend's little sister gifted it for his friend's birthday, but he tossed it to Darius telling him to throw it in the trash later. But, Darius didn't want the little sister's good feelings to go to waste. So Darius kept it, but when the weekend rolled in, he became curious and started playing it. Surprisingly, it was quite interesting.

He must've gotten a second chance at life because of how pitiful he was. But, why an otome game which he played years ago?

Darius was confused, although, he wasn't really angry nor scared. He had no attachments to his original world. He was an orphan who in the end, ended on the streets, and was treated coldly by what he thought was his "friends." He lived every second of the day wanting to disappear. He couldn't even get a job because of his appearance adding to his murder charge, and even if he did. He was quickly fired for some unknown reason.

The world was really too unfair and cruel. What more could he be afraid of after all that?

He picked up the pendent and changed out of his outfit, walking out the door after pocketing the mirror. There was nothing much to explore in the room, so he decided to move onto uncharted waters. Leaving the obvious mess behind.

Darius strolled through the hallways curiously. The sounds of his shoes tapping on the floor was the only thing that could be heard meters away. It was a comfortable silence.

"Young Master Lian!" a voice echoed from afar with loud thuds of shoes clanging against the ground, speeding towards him.

Darius paused. The man running towards him had slick dark brown hair combed to the left, and gentle dark green eyes. This guy is butler Jim. He really does look like a young grandpa like Killian said. Although he's only 35 there was some profoundness in his eyes.

He was thinking about what he should say. Unlike Killian he didn't have such a bright optimistic personality and found it hard to smile.

While Darius was pondering Jim was already scolding him.