16. Babies and Alice Miller

Until you've been in labor for 18 plus hours giving birth to the human lives that were inside you, you don't really know what real love is. To love the little human that put you through so much pain and to still love your husband says a lot. 

I sat in my hospital bed having just given birth to my two little girls, Lucy and Victoria Morgan. Derek was standing over then talking to them and waiting on my word to let the team in, I smiled as I watch my husband get completely lost in our girls. Derek picked Lucy up and handed her to me before he picked Victoria up and started to talk to her as if she understood him. Derek sent the nurse to get our team to come to meet the teams' princesses. 

"Oh my god babies," Garcia said as she was the first one to enter followed by everyone else including Alice. 

"Guys this is Lucy and Victoria Morgan," I smiled. 

"Okay grandpa wants one of his granddaughters," Rossi said and I handed off Lucy to him while Garcia took Victoria from Derek. 

"So do our princesses have Middle names?" JJ asked. 

"Yes we have Lucy J Morgan and Victoria Emily Morgan," I smiled. 

"would you look at that," Emily said taking Victoria from Garcia. "It would seem we have a baby Emily on board," she smiled down at Victoria. 

Alice stood in the corner of the room watching as the team died over these two little babies and she seemed very unamused. When I first met her she acted almost scared of me but now she acts as if she is above me of some sort, given she does have my job right now and I am younger than her but 4 years but something is off about her if I do say so myself. 

JJ is Holding Lucy and Emily still has Victoria, the nurse came in, the one who helped me out of the truck earlier. "Alright new mom we can get you and your girls out of here," She smiled. 

"Oh thank god," I laughed. 

"Seems you got yourself a very large family here," she smiled. 

"That I do," I said. 

"Alright, we have to make sure you have everything you need. As I understand you came here from breakfast so do you have car seats?" The nurse asked. 

"Yes, Garcia went and picked them up," I said, and then we sat there through many more questions until she finally gave us the paperwork to leave. 

Rossi carried Lucy and I carried Victoria as Derek wheeled me to the car, we got the girls into their seats and we headed home. When we arrived home the whole team was waiting outside the house. 

"Guys, I'm sure you all are tired. You came home from a case and then sat in the hospital for the past 18 plus hours. Go home we will be okay," I said. 

"Oh no, we are getting our Lucy and Victoria fix," Hotch said. 

"Fine but only a few hours. I am exhausted," I said and everyone laughed. 

We went inside and I notice Alice was with them, while I'm sure they invited her I am surprised she's here and she stayed 18 hours in the hospital when she doesn't;t seem to like me. now given I haven't given her a reason to like me but then why would she be at the hospital when I am and at my home. 

The team took turns to hold each of the girls while Alice hid in the corner looking at one of my bookcases, when I finally got the chance I walked over to her. 

"You know you have switched personalities since the first time I met you," I said. 

"What do you mean?" She asked. 

"When I first met you, you were shy almost scared of me. You seemed nervous even though you are 4 years older than me. and now you actually act as if you are older, as if you are somehow better than me," I said.

"I heard about you when you first joined the BAU, big bad Y/N Y/L/N. I worked as a police officer, I actually called you in on a case in big bend park in Texas," Alice said. 

"My first case with the team," I said. 

"Yes, and you were the one who put it all together on your very first case and you were what 23?" She asked. 

"yes," I said. 

"So that's when I looked you up but you were the pretty, smart, and a cheerleader, your high school here put your name everywhere. So I asked why did a 16-year-old it-girl leave here and move across the country and stop cheer and become some sort of genius. I didn't get it there was so much missing and I needed to know. That's when I went to the academy and while I was there I heard how you were one of the victims of the Robinhood killer, as to why they called him Robinhood still beats me but I realized why were you such a big deal. You were the girl who overcame it and kicked your own ass to be on the team and catch him. Then you were kidnapped not once but twice and somehow you're still standing. You worked for the president and almost got killed doing so and you're still standing, so yes I was scared. They brought me in to fill your shoes and I can't, no one can ever fill those. So after you were kind of a bitch I realized I can never be who you are, you've been through it all and you're still here. I have to be me, Alice Miller, you may have been my motivation to get to the FBI but I am my motivation to stay so they don't fire me when you come back. that's why I was giving you a hard time about being a working mother because I want this job and the second you come back I'm out," She said and I took this all in.

"Alice I am nothing special," I laughed. 

"Oh please, your team talks about you as if you walk on water. You are one of the best agents on a team of the best agents. How I made the cut I don't even know, and the worst part is I'm jealous of you. You are smart and pretty and still, have a really great body seeing how you just gave birth to two children. You are the best agent, you are the agent everyone wants to be and you married the other agent that every guy wants to be and every girl wants to have. To say you aren't anything special makes you slightly annoying," She scoffed.

"Alice those people who put me on the water in their minds are stupid, they only see the front that is put up when I have to be an agent. What they don't know is After I was kidnapped the first time I ran away. I ran from the man I love and the people I love because I couldn't handle it. The second time I was kidnapped I cried myself to sleep for nights and wouldn't let my fiance who I'm now married to touch me. Those people only know what's on the outside, they don't know me. As for my team they don't talk about me like I walk on water, they talk about me the way they do because David Rossi was there when my parents weren't he's my father figure and the rest of them have watched me struggle they know who I am," I said. "The only reason I seem so special is that that's how you see me, you took other people's views of me and made them your own," I added. 

"How do you do it?" She asked. 

"Do what?" 

"You went through hell yet you seem so happy and so okay after what you just told me," She said. 

I looked over at Derek and the Team fawning over Lucy and Victoria and I smiled. "I'm happy because I'm loved by an amazing man who gave me two amazing daughters after I miscarried our first baby and I'm loved by an entire team who has always had back," I smiled. "Alice you are apart of this team so start acting like it," I added. 

"How?" She asked. 

"Go hold one of my children," we both smiled and she went and held Lucy. I smiled at the scene and went to join them.