4: puppy love

We all got on the plane and were all exhausted. I'm not even sure why we decided to head back tonight when we paid our hotel rooms through tomorrow. Finally, the jet landed and we all slowly made our way off and to the SUVs to head to the office.

"I'm tired" I complained as we rode the elevator to the 6th floor.

"We all are my love," Derek said, wrapping his arm around me.

The elevator opened and there was the whining sound, "What the hell is that?" Emily asked.

Then a small chocolate lab came running towards us and I bent down to pet it.

"Awe he's cute, who does he belong to?" I asked them.

"You," Derek said. "Well us" He added.

I looked up at him and picked the puppy up "We got a dog?" I asked.

"Yes baby we got a dog," He said and kissed me.

"way to keep one wife happy" Rossi laughed.

" Yeah cause you would know how to do that" Reid laughed.

"Watch it, kid," Rossi said.

"Alright get the dog out of here, everyone goes home and gets some rest," Hotch said.

Derek and I drove home and when we got there he went straight to the bedroom but I went out back with the puppy. A few hours went by and the next thing I know Derek was waking me up, I was laid out on the couch and the puppy was laying next to me.

"Come to bed baby, Hotch gave us the day off to rest," He said.

"But he needs a name," I said sleepily.

"Put him in the kennel and we can think of one after you get to sleep," He said, helping me up.

He laid down and I crawled into bed laying my head on his bare chest, "MMMMM" I said.

"What?" He asked

" I just love that this is the rest of us like this," I said smiling.

"Like what baby?"

"Days off in bed like this even though at any second we could get called in, here we are laying in this amazing bed in our amazing house, with our amazing new puppy" I laughed.

"If this dog dies they will never find your body" He laughed.

"Oh hush you, he still needs a name"

"Just keep calling him a puppy," He laughed.

"You are the worst," I said slightly slapping his arm.

"I can be bad if you want me too" He smirked.

"Get your head out of the gutter, we need a name" I laughed.

"Aren't you supposed to be resting?" He said, changing the subject.

"Aren't you?" I retorted.

We both fell asleep while talking dog names, we were woken up to both of our phones going off.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Uh, almost midnight" Derek said, picking up his phone.

"Whoever it is, tell them to go away," I said rolling away from him.

" I can't do that," He said, rolling over to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Because we have a case, my love"

"This serial killer better knows what's coming their way," I said getting out of bed.

"JJ said to bring the dog to the office Will is there and he will take it home with him," He said putting clothes on.

"Okay, will you go get all his stuff together," I asked?

"Yes," He said, walking out of the room.

I took a fast shower and got ready to head to the office, when I came downstairs Derek had our puppy ready to go.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"Yes but I don't wanna leave our Lil baby," I said, taking the dog from him.

"Hey you're the one who begged for him so you have to deal with leaving him at JJs and Wills when we leave"

"I know but he doesn't even have a name yet, What will the boys call him while we are away," I said.

"I don't know, how about a pain in your husbands' ass" He laughed.

"Ah don't let him hear you talk like that," I said.

"I have a small feeling this dog is gonna mess up our sex life" He laughed.

"Only if you keep being an ass" I smiled.

We got to the office and went up to the 6th floor where Will was waiting to take the dog.

"Bye, my Lil buddy," I said kissing the dog's forehead handing him to Will.

"Don't Worry the boys and I will take care of no-name here" Will said. Will kissed JJ and then left with my Lil baby buddy.

"See how they are gonna be calling him no name and what if he ends up thinking that's his actual name" I whined.

"I got you the dog didn't I?" Derek said.

"Well yes," I said.

"Okay whine about a name to Garcia who will care," Derek said and then he walked away.

"Asshole," I said.

"Why not just call him buddy," JJ said.

"Because that is not a real name" I looked at her.

"Okay, are we gonna stand here or go get briefed on the case," Emily asked.

"Case" JJ and I both said.

All three of us walked up to the round table and sat down.

"So glad y'all could join us," Hotch said.

"yes, welcome ladies," Rossi said.

"Oh don't be like that we were just talking dog names," I said.

"Oh, how bout coco," Reid said.

"wow, how original" JJ laughed.

"Oh what about the bear," Emily said.

"Noooo," Derek said.

"Moose," Rossi said.

"okay is this a Case briefing or a dog naming," Hotch said?

"Case Briefing," Reid and I said.

Just then Garcia came in and grabbed the remote.

"Okay, first off name the dog Ace or something cute second off we have two bombings, each at a government building in Austin Texas," she said.

"Bombings don't scream serial killer and the needing of the BAU" JJ said.

"It does when two of the 5 people who have died are connected to a series of cases that have been dismissed in the justice system," She said.

"Alright wheels up in 30, Garcia send us everything we need, we will go over it on the jet," Hotch said and we all got up to leave.