10: stresses and stressors

I was sitting at my desk looking over some cases that JJ had shown me. She was having a hard time deciding where we should go next.

"Well, what do you think?" She asked.

"Well Texas has enough info to build a profile, so get Rossi and Hotch to build them one and send it to them there's nothing much more we could do if we went anyways. Washington state, on the other hand, has nothing to work with they need us more than Texas does" I said.

"But Texas involves children," she said.

"I get JJ but Texas has the info we would've already given them if they didn't have them all they need is a working profile. It would be silly of us to fly there to give them a profile Hotch and Rossi can email to them. Especially when there are two missing college students in Washington state and they have no leads." I said.

"No I know, you're right. How do you put aside the feelings for the kids?" She asked me.

"Maybe it's because I'm not a mother yet, but I will be soon. Just makes sure to keep feelings out of it this is about who needs our help the most" I said.

"Alright I'll gather everyone and meet you at the round table," she said.

I was sitting at the round table with Reid when my phone rang.

"Hello? Oh hello, Mr. President how are you? Me? I'm fine thanks for asking. No, we don't know the gender yet we find out in three days with the hood we are back from this case. I see" I said and I went to stand up.

"Where are you going?" Reid asked.

"I have been requested to appear at the White House," I said.

"Why?" Derek asked walking in.

"They have questions for me and Jake about the Ivan case," I said.

"Okay, then you stay behind and handle that, if you have time you can come back here and help on Garcia's end," Hotch said.

"Thank you, sir," I said and walked out.

I grabbed my keys and headed on the 40 or so minute drive to the White House. When I got there I was greeted that the gate by Jake and we walked into the White House and was taken to the Oval Office.

"I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that I'm standing in here, even though I've now been in here 100s of times" I laughed.

"I've worked here for three years and I still can't" Jake laughed.

Just then the president walked in and we both stood until he sat and then we could sit.

"So I've called y'all here to let you know that Ivan has been put on death row for shooting an FBI agent. Now we can't press charges for him shooting you as an undercover officer for the president because then the world would know you are undercover for me" he said.

"That's fine," I said.

"With that being said I have a new assignment for y'all," he said.

"Oh?" Jake asked.

"Yes Ivan ratted out his rival drunk ring and we need to find the one and the only cobra," he said.

"Sir with all due respect, I am 21 weeks pregnant and the last time you sent me after a drug king I and my child almost died," I said.

"That's why you will be working the case from home while I sent Agent Wilson with Jake." He said.

"I'm sorry but isn't agent Wilson out on leave?" I asked.

"She was but she's back and this will be her first case back, she'll take your role of a distraction for cobra. With that being said, your clearance has been sent to your laptop with the intel, your job is to do the computer work with your beloved Garcia. She'll receive clearance the second you leave here. Jake, Wilson will be here in 10 y'all are on a plan to California" he said and dismissed us.

I got in my car and headed back to the BAU, when I got off the elevator Garcia was standing there.

"Don't tell me he's sending a pregnant woman into the field after another drunk king after last time?" Garcia yelled. All the stress of this new case was causing issues and I tried not to show it.

"No Garcia he sent another agent in my place, I've been ordered to help you on the techy side of things," I said and then I winced.

"Are you okay?" She asked as We walked to her bat cave.

"Yes, just a few cramps," I said.

"Maybe we should ask JJ if this is normal," she said.

"Garcia I'm fine" I snapped and she looked surprised. "I'm sorry PG I'm just tired and we have two cases to work now," I said.

"It's okay, I'll get you some tea and then we'll call into the team," she said walking away.

She came back and we dialed the team.

"Talk to me baby girl, and baby mama," Derek said to us.

Garcia went into details on the two girls' lives while I sat there rubbing my pregnant belly, the cramps were still pretty bad but I know it's just cause of the stress and we can't even tell the team about the other case. We can mention we are working on one but we can't say much about it to the team they are cleared to know about it. After the call ended Garcia turned to me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine, the doctor said cramps are normal with the stress I just gotta keep my blood pressure down," I told her and she nodded not fully believing I was okay.

Derek called me, "Hey babe, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know but you haven't been talking this entire case or giving input, where's my beautiful smarty?" He asked.

"Sorry it's already been a long day that's all," I said.

"How was your meeting with the president," he asked.

"Ya know he said jump and I ask how high," I said.

"He's not sending you undercover is he?" Derek asked.

"No no, I'm working it from here," I said.

"Good," he said.

"Yeah," I said then I winced.

"Baby what was that? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just some minor cramps from stress," I said.

"Go home and rest Hotch will understand," he said.

"Yeah okay, I love you"

"I love you too," he said and then he hung up. I got up grabbing my things.

"Where are you headed?" Garcia asked.

"To my bed at home," I said.

"Oh well get some rest," she said hugging me and I headed home.

I made it home and up the stairs to the room and into the bathroom, I started a hot both so I could relax. I threw in a bath bomb and lit some candles and then got in. While I was in the bathtub my phone rang. It read Jake across the too. Ugh can't I get some peace ever?

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, we are boarding the plane to Cali, when we land we will need you at the go so we can start tracking cobra, I don't wanna be here long so let's get this done as fast as last time," he said and hung up.

Yeah well, last time someone almost died I thought to myself. He should watch it, the last time he did stupid shit he ended his career and only got this new one because he had worked in the White House for so long. No one else trusts the man who let two Congressmen get away with rape.