anonymous

I woke up in the middle of the night to someone calling me. I forgot to turn off my sound. A little confused and startled I picked up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Layla! Finally!" I heard Jamie's voice.

He sounded a little stressed.

"Hey, Jamie. Whassup? Why are you calling me?" I asked.

It was two days ago that I called him for the last time, and everything seemed fine two days ago.

"Milano and I are packing our bags and coming home right now. There's a hurricane on its way to cross this country and it's been said that it's not safe to stay." He replied, almost out of breath.

I sat straight up.

"Oh my god, guys. Is it safe to go on a plane then?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah.. The plane uh... Milano when does our plane leave again?" I heard Jamie ask.

It stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Our plane leaves at 5AM and the hurricane is expected around 7AM, so by the time the hurricane arrives, we'll be gone and safe already." Jamie continued.

A slightly relieved sigh left my mouth.

"Okay. Okay, good. Can you text or call me when you're back here in LA?" I asked.

"Sure thing. I gotta go pack my suitcase now. I'll call you later!" Jamie said.

"Okay, bye! Love you." I said and he hung up.

I sighed as I turned off my phone again. They say the hurricane is expected around 7AM, but that doesn't say it actually does come around 7AM. With a nervous feeling I closed my eyes again and tried to get some more sleep before my alarm would go off again.

-~-~-~-

"See Layla? Things are way better now that your focus is on the song and the song only, don't you think?" Nick asked.

I nodded as I was creating some background sounds that are almost unnoticeable for in the song to liven it up.

"I'm having a blast." I said with a smile.

"That's what I thought." Nick said.

He put his hand on my shoulder for a second and then sat down on the chair next to me. As I was working on the song, I kept my phone with me the entire time. Jamie still hadn't called or texted me and it was getting late. Usually I didn't mind spending my entire day in the studio. I didn't mind working from 7AM til 9PM, but today it was different. Suddenly I felt all six eyes staring at me. I looked around to impatient faces. It took me a second to realize my phone was ringing. I immediately picked up with a clumsy movement.

"Layla Ahkari." I said.

"Hey chica! We just landed safely. I know you're at work and busy, so I'll save all the details for later."

A loud relieved sigh left my mouth.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear from you. I don't think I've ever been this nervous while waiting for a call from you." I said, still a little shaky from the nerves.

"Trust me, I'm happy to hear from me too. I think I shat the entire toilet to another color in that airplane." Jamie said.

I bursted out laughing and then sighed.

"I'll get back home when the song is done. Hope you're not too jet lagged."

"We're gonna nap for like half an hour to an hour, so we'll see you after that."