tears and mascara

A few minutes later I rushed inside of Kelly's studio. She was sat there, with her feet on the desk and with her headphones on. I didn't hesitate any longer and ran up to her. I pulled her headphones from her ears and turned her seat around.

"I have a problem. Like, a major problem." I said with big eyes.

Kelly frowned and grabbed some chips out of the bowl that was standing on the desk.

"What's the problem?" She calmly asked.

"Oreo is gone." I replied.

"He is what?"

"Gone. I took him to work because Jamie couldn't take him with him today and I wasn't paying attention and now he's gone."

Kelly stood up and locked her eyes with mine.

"Do you have any idea where he could be?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"I'm guessing somewhere in the building. But the thing is, if Ryland sees that Oreo is in this building, it's done for me. The end. Finito." I said.

Kelly nodded.

"Yes and then you'll get fired and I need you here. So what we're gonna do, is search everywhere. Go!" She said as she pushed me through the door.

I ran through the halls, looking in every studio I came across. People got mad at me for interrupting their sessions or invading their privacy. I also bumped into Kelly once, because she was searching for Oreo too.

Elevators, staircases, studios, restrooms, everywhere I looked, there was no Oreo to be found.

After an hour I gave up trying and decided to get some fresh air in the garden behind the building. We have someone working here who desperately wanted a garden to have his lunchbreak in and to get some fresh air. I gotta admit, that garden was a great idea. It helps you to relieve stress and to help you get control over your thoughts again.

I opened the door and walked outside. For a splitsecond the bright sun blinded me, leaving me with my hands covering my eyes. I slowly walked up to the first bench I saw and sat down. I looked at the sky and sighed.

"God.. If you're up there, could you please bring me back the one and only thing I love and care about?" I asked as if the sky could reply any moment.

Ofcourse, as expected, it stayed silent. Another sigh left my mouth as I put my face in my hands.

Suddenly I heard a soft bark coming from behind me. I immediately turned around. My eyes widened. Demi was sitting there on the ground, playing with Oreo.

"Wow, that was fast.." I mumbled underneath my breath. "There you are!" I ran up to them and kneeled down to hug Oreo.

"I found him taking a shit in the restroom so I brought him here. And in case you were wondering: Yes, I cleaned it up." Demi said as she stood up.

She wiped the sand off her leggings and jacket. I gave Oreo a kiss and picked him up to stand up as well afterwards.

"Thankyou for keeping him with you. I was so scared, he could've been ran over by a car for all I know." I said as a relieved sigh left my mouth.