guest

"So, Layla. Is it finally finished?" Nick asked me annoyed.

I threw him a death stare, raising my left eyebrow as I locked my eyes with his. He chuckled and held up his hands.

"Okay, okay. Sorry. How's it going with the song?" He asked.

I smiled and turned around to play the almost finished song for the three brothers comfortably sat in my studio. As the song was playing I noticed that their facial expressions changed in a span of two seconds from neutral to excited. They grooved to it like it wasn't their own song and it was kind of surreal to me that the Jonas Brothers liked something I had made for them.

"Are the vocals fixed correctly?" I asked Kevin who had helped me doing that.

He nodded.

"Definitely." He said as he was moving his head on the beat.

"I definitely love what you did with the song, Layla. It's really cool." Joe finally said after the song was done.

"Yes, I agree. This is gonna be a huge comeback, I can smell it." Nick agreed with his brother.

A relieved sigh left my mouth as I put both my hands on my forehead.

"I am so extremely glad you guys like it. Now that I know that, I don't have to stress so much anymore about the whole timelimit. It's as good as finished already, because all I need is some more vocals for in the background. That's it." I said.

Joe nodded with a smile.

"And I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm glad you were finally able to keep your focus on the project instead of on other things. You see, with a timelimit there's just no time left for bullshit and you handled that like a pro. You're gonna become a big one in the industry, Layla. Mark my words." He said.

I locked my eyes with his. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks but I didn't care.

"That is the absolute nicest thing someone has said to me in a long period of time. Thank you." I said.

Joe laughed and pulled me in a hug. He signed Nick and Kevin to join us and before I knew we were sat there in my studio, hugging each other for a good ten seconds.

Suddenly Nick pulled a bottle of champagne and some glasses out of a drawer under my desk. He held it up and popped it.

"Y'all want some champagne to celebrate our comeback?" He asked.

I laughed.

"Okay first of all.. Where the fuck did you pull that bottle and those glasses from? Like, I don't remember having that in the drawer under my desk." I asked.

"I put it there when you were on your lunchbreak with that Kelly girl." He replied with a grin.

"Right. And I also have to admit I don't really do alcohol. I rather have some juice, but don't worry. I have that in my fridge." I said.

I stood up and walked up to my mini fridge that I once got from Jamie. I took a bottle of my favorite apple juice out of it and poured it in a glass that I took out of the cupboard above the fridge.

"To Layla's amazing work and to a huge comeback." Kevin said as he raised his glass.

Joe, Nick and I happily raised our glasses as well and then we all took a sip. It felt nice being able to do this after a few days of stress and not being able to focus. I finally felt free again, despite the time limit that was still on my project. It was as good as done and all of that because of Kelly who had helped me a little. I owed her one, big time.