a new project

Layla's POV
"Mom, I don't know where your leather jacket is. Just look in your closet." I said with a sigh.

My mom had called me up panicking about her appearance. Today she has a job interview in Hollywood and wanted fashion advice. The only problem is: I don't know shit of fashion. So she kept asking questions about whether she should wear a dress, or go for a suit instead. Then I pointed out she was going for a creative job which meant coming all dressed up like a business woman wouldn't work. She told me I was right and now asked questions about where her normal clothes were and what she should do now.

"Look, honey. I know you're probably busy.." She started.

I looked around while sitting on the sofa in my apartment with my ordered Tacobell on my lap and huffed out a laugh.

"But can you please tell me what to wear? I always love the way you look, so I'll take any advice of you." My mom added.

I sighed and stood up to walk to my own closet. I opened it and looked at what I had.

"Okay, forget the leather jacket. Go with.. A white flannel with the ripped jeans I gave you last week. For shoes, I'd go with the white sneakers to match with the flannel. Got that?" I asked.

"Mhm.. And do I wear sunglasses or is that distracting?" My mom asked.

I heard the nervousness in her voice.

"Mom.. The job interview is inside. Normal people don't wear sunglasses inside, you know." I said chuckling.

"Right. Okay. Well, thanks, honey." My mom said with a sigh.

"You're welcome. And goodluck at the job interview. You're gonna do great." I said.

"Thankyou. Bye!"

"Bye." I said and hung up.

I closed the closet and walked back to the sofa. I started eating my tacos and looked at Oreo who jumped on the chair next to me. I smiled.

"Hey, baby. Do you want a taco too?" I asked as I held a taco in front of his face.

He stood up and took a bite of the taco. A little too enthusiastic. The taco fell on the floor and shattered in a million pieces as lettuce and meat was flying around the room.

"You are such a cow. Jesus." I said with a loud sigh.

I stood up and started cleaning it up. Oreo looked at me with the most innocent face he could make.

"Sneaky bastard.." I said.

He locked eyes with mine and tilted his head. I laughed.

"A cute sneaky bastard." I said and gave him a kiss.

I'm way too forgiving.

I was just done cleaning the floor when my phone started ringing.

"If this is my mom, I'm not gonna pick up." I told Oreo even though I knew he wouldn't respond.

I grabbed my phone from the table and looked at who was calling me. It was Jamie. I picked up.

"What's up?" I asked.