i adora bora bora

"I'm so sorry, Layla.." Jamie said as he held his hand on his mouth.

I faked a smile.

"It's uhh.. It's okay. I'm fine. I mean, it's been a year since we.. Well, you know.. And besides that, Lauren is really pretty, like, I can't be jealous. Only happy for them." I said.

Jamie locked his eyes with mine.

"Are you sure you're fine?" He asked.

I nodded.

Actually I was really sad. The meeting might've been awkward, but I was looking forward to seeing her more often and maybe make something out of it. Now she has a girlfriend and I will never get in between them. Sad, but true.

Jamie stood up and opened his arms. Without hesitation I stood up as well and gave him a hug. He held me close and I heard him sigh.

"There's still a lot of amazing people out there who'd want to be your boyfriend or girlfriend." He said as he stroked my hair.

I chuckled and looked at him.

"Desperation ain't my middle name. You know that, right?" I asked.

He nodded and laughed.

"I was just kidding. See it positively; you're free to do whatever you want now and you don't have to be nervous about Demi no more." He said.

"Yeah. Exactly." I replied.

Jamie grabbed his bag from the ground and took my laptop with him.

"Where are you going with that shit?" I asked with a frown.

"To Kelly's studio." He said.

He already wanted to walk away when I stopped him.

"Why the fuck?" I asked.

"Because the WiFi here sucks. Come." He said.

He walked out of the door and before I could say anything else, he'd already disappeared. I sighed and turned off the lights of my studio. I closed the door, locked it and ran down the stairs.

-~-~-~-

Demi's POV
"Fuck, Kelly. This sounds so good." I said full of excitement.

Kelly smiled and jokingly bowed.

"Thankyou, thankyou." She said.

I chuckled and stood up. I sat down in the chair next to her. I looked at her putting samples together, playing some chords here and there, creating a melody in just a few seconds. She reminded me of Layla.

Back in the house she used to do the same things on her laptop sometimes. Often enough I watched along with what she was doing, even though she didn't notice that. I've always found that she's really good at it and I was so happy when she told me she was gonna work here at Hollywood Records.

"Who actually brought you on the idea of making a summer EP?" Kelly asked all of a sudden.

"Layla did." I replied immediately.

Kelly frowned.

"Oh?" She said.

"Yeah, yeah. I know what you're gonna say." I said with a sigh.

"What am I gonna say?" Kelly asked.

"That I have to give Layla credits too since she came up with the idea, but don't worry. I will." I replied.

Kelly laughed and shook her head.

"I wasn't exactly gonna say that, but sure. Why not." She said.