genuineness

"If you go to the grocery store just to buy three apples and come back with two cucumbers instead, there's definitely something wrong with you." Jamie said to me as I put the two cucumbers in the fridge.

I laughed and looked at him. We were facetiming, because he and Milano were still in Bora Bora. He made some time for me because he knew I was bored.

"So next time if I send you out to buy milk for the cornflakes and you come back with yoghurt or something similar, there's something wrong with you too then, right?" I asked.

He shrugged and sat down on his counter as he peeled a banana.

"You could say it like that, yes, but listen. I send you out to buy fruit and you come back with vegetables. I just wanna know why." He said.

I leaned my head on my hand on the counter and huffed out a laugh.

"Listen, James-"

"Don't call me that."

"Listen Jayjay-"

"Oh my God.."

"I just like cucumbers more than apples. Besides that, a cucumber is for 95 percent consistent of water. An apple isn't. Therefore, cucumbers are good for the thirst."

I jumped on the couch where I turned on the Playstation with a controller that was laying underneath the table. I started FIFA 19 and signed Jamie he had to do the same.

"Please play with me." I said, hoping he'd do it.

He brought his phone closer to his face and then sighed.

"Next time I go on vacation without you and there is a Playstation in the hotelroom where I'm staying, I'm just not gonna tell you." He said as he sat down on his couch next to Milano.

I saw that he grabbed a controller from the table. I smiled.

"Anyways, your theory about apples and cucumbers makes no sense." He said.

He joined my game and immediately chose his team. He always chooses for the women team of the US, because he thinks it's the best team out there. That always gives me the chance to choose for the women team of the Netherlands; the best women team out there in my opinion.

"Let's predict this year's World Cup, okay?" Jamie said.

I laughed.

"Okay. I'm putting all my guesses on that the Netherlands are gonna win this year. I don't give one flying shit about loyalty or how American I might be at this moment." I said.

Jamie frowned.

"Honey, our women have won the last few times. In no way there's a chance the Netherlands are gonna win." He said.

I shrugged.

"What I do know for sure is that both countries will end up in the final round." I said.

I pressed play and waited for Jamie to be ready.

"We'll see about that.." He softly said as he paid his full attention on the screen.

After a good fourty minutes of playing and stressing, Jamie won with 2-0 because he got one penalty and another bad goal.

"Unfair." I said and stood up to stretch myself.

He started laughing and stood up as well. He grabbed his phone from the table and turned the camera around.

"You just can't handle losing and that's on period." He said.