"it's your dog"

Layla's POV
Ever since the first text I got from Demi, we've had an ongoing conversation without interruption. It was pushing 2AM when I took a look at the clock and realized it was that late. We were talking about the most random things. From our first meeting, to what our favorite position was on the toilet.

Suddenly Jamie walked inside. He looked at me with a tired face.

"Why the fuck are you still up?" He asked as he yawned.

"Oh, just texting someone. Nothing special." I replied without looking up.

"Someone? Is that someone a potential significant other, perhaps?" Jamie asked.

He slowly came sitting next to me and looked at my phone.

"Twat. Their name is Twat." He stated from seeing the name of the contact I was having a conversation with.

I huffed out a laugh.

"Think, genius. Who could I possibly be excited about to text at 2AM?" I asked.

"Ah, okay. Got it." Jamie said.

I smiled and looked back at my phone.

"Wait, no. I still don't know who you're texting. Just stop playing and tell me." Jamie said after a while.

I sighed.

"It's Demi." I said.

"What? How did you get her number?" Jamie asked.

"Okay, so here's what happened. Demi told Kelly that I needed Demi's vocals for my assignment, which was obviously bullshit, but Kelly believed that and gave my number right away. Then Demi texted me and told me she just wanted to talk to me because she had missed me so much and that's basically how we're still talking." I explained.

Jamie looked at me with a frown.

"She missed you, lied to get your number and is now still awake just to talk to you?" He asked.

"Pretty much, yeah." I replied.

"The girl still likes you, I hear." He said.

I laughed.

"For the record, she has a girlfriend. We're just friends." I said.

"Please stop with the clownery already. You told me you guys were just friends back in the house as well, and suddenly you guys kissed each other only for you to ruin it again. Speaking of which, you could've been her girlfriend now, but okay." Jamie replied.

I pushed him aside and stood up.

"Stop being such a dick. I learned from my mistakes and Demi and I are just good friends. Nothing less, nothing more. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm stealing your Chipotle and going inside of my own room to keep on talking to Demi." I said.

I opened the fridge and took Jamie's food out of it. I looked at Jamie who was watching me with a frown. I sighed and walked out of the room, inside of my own room.

I sat down on my bed and took my phone out of my pocket. I looked at Demi's most recent message:

Are you up for a call? Or is Jamie sleeping.

I looked at the clock next to my closet and sighed. Despite it being so late, I still pressed the FaceTime button next to Demi's name. She immediately picked up and smiled when she saw my face.

"Hey." She said.

I smiled and waved.

"Wasn't it a problem for you to call, though? Considering it's damn late already."