SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK

The first time that she sees him after work is as unplanned as can be and it happens almost two months after shooting has started. They have been shooting episode 8 and it's genuinely taking a toll on everyone on set. Off-screen, Kerem is bothered by something so he has been quiet for most of the day, and then on-screen, Eda is hurt and Serkan is annoyed. There's a lot of tension, to a point where Hande barely says anything between takes and instead opts to stick to her phone, messaging Gamze every now and then since she's planning on seeing her for dinner later.

She steals a few glances at Kerem while she does it, giving him space to let whatever that is bothering him disappear like it normally does. She's learned that his anger leaves him in record time, really. She knows him better now, knows that though he can get annoyed easily, it takes all of five minutes to see him smile once again. Sure enough, Bedo, one of the stylists, walks over to him to retouch his hair and Hande hears his laugh echo around set, it sounds close to a melody after not hearing it for the past eight hours. 

Perhaps that's why she decides to ask him out that day; because she wants to hear that laugh again, because she wants to see him smile and she knows that she can't do it for much longer  if they're almost done with the shooting. 

She knocks on the door of his caravan after she changes into her own clothes, ready to be Hande once again since it's been quite the day for Eda Yildiz, at least the shooting ends early, so Hande can meet up with Gamze and friends later that night. 

Kerem opens the door while he's on the phone and gestures for her to walk in, clearly not caring that she can hear him talking to his mother. Normally, he video chats them form what she's seen, but for some reason, the phone is glued to his ear today instead.

She can't focus on his words though, not when her eyes go lower and she sees that his shirt is completely unbuttoned. She's seen him shirtless before, but it's different when it's just them in his caravan and honestly, she's just trying not to stare because she can't use Eda's thoughts as an excuse when it's just them in a very tight space. 

"I thought you had left already." Kerem murmurs as he buttons up his shirt and turns to look at the mirror as he fixes his hair. Hande doesn't even know when he hung up but she's glad that if he notices her staring, he doesn't comment on it.

"I was changing. I couldn't wait to get my sneakers on." She lets out in almost a sigh as she watches him. "That's a nice shirt, are you going anywhere?" 

Kerem smiles a little, looking back at her.  "No, I had a meeting earlier today. I'm probably heading home now. Maybe I'll call Melis and Theo or something."

The mention of his nephew brings a smile to her face, he's always so happy when he talks about him. It reminds her of her own feelings about Mavi, her niece. Sometimes it surprises her, how different and alike they can be. 

"What about you? Anything fun at the Erçel household?" 

"More like...the Erçel-Yildirim house, actually. Gamze is cooking and she invited me over. That's why I'm here actually." 

"You...wanted to tell me that your sister invited you over to her house? Isn't that what she does?" 

Hande lets out a soft laugh at that, rolling her eyes at him. "No, smartass. I wanted to see if you wanted to come." It came out almost in a nonchalant way, like it wasn't a big deal, even if she knows that co-stars don't just invite their co-stars to dinner with their relatives. But she looks at him as more than just the person she works with or her partner, he's been there for her when she least expected him to. He's made her seen things in a different way since they met. 

That's why before he even says no, she speaks up again. "I promise it'll be nice and it's at her house so you can still give your sister a call and see Theo. Besides, the food? Amazing."