New Beginnings

DISCLAIMER: This is a solely fictional story, nothing that I write is real except for some events and dates related to the characters. Please, be aware that I do not know Hanker personally, nor do I know anything about their private lives. I only admire and respect them individually and together. This is a fictional take on their relationship 🤍✨

For a long time, Kerem has wondered if he will ever find the one. His last relationship had been the one for him for a long time, he thought it would be serious and that it would be a happy ending. But it clearly didn't. He's been a little insecure since then, second guessing himself and wondering if giving himself so completely to someone else might be the reason why things never work out for him.

But with Hande, sometimes he feels like no matter what he does, it will never be enough.

She was so closed-off when they first met, so used to keeping things to herself, to not showing her feelings. And then there was Kerem; yelling to the world about his happiness, about what made him uncomfortable and about the changes that needed to happen to make everyone's life easier.

Maybe that's why it surprises him, how much Hande is giving to him since day one. There's never a question about what they are since the moment that they first kissed, there's no wondering or second thoughts. She has no problem giving him her all and Kerem has no problem realizing it; how she's all in.

They settle for not telling anyone about each other yet, it gives them more room to be calm. They know that once people start to find out, there will be so many questions and even worse; so many expectations. They don't sneak around or act like nothing is going on, they're just low key about it. Stolen moments, secret smiles in public, inner jokes, light touches, selfies. And when it's just the two of them, they're on fire, all over each other, getting lost in each other's arms.

The most important thing to him is that they haven't lost their essence; that friendship that they created before they became more. There's teasing, there's bets, there's disagreements and arguing and bickering and so much laughing. So much calm and relief.

They've been working so hard lately, it's almost hard to see each other outside of work before one of them falls asleep. Even when they don't spend the night together, one of them falls asleep while they're FaceTiming and watching a movie, exhausted and content. When they wake up early for set, the video call is still on.

Happiness is so hard to believe sometimes, Kerem is still trying to wrap his mind around it when she opens the door to his caravan, a soft smile on her lips as she locks the door behind her.

For the first time in weeks, he was done with his scenes before 3 in the afternoon and he turns to look at his watch when she steps in: it's only 5. If she's done this early, he might throw a party.

"Oh my God, are you done?"

"Before 8, yes I am!" she almost squeals, moving to slip her arms around him and taking a seat on his lap, straddling him to press her lips to his eagerly, earning a laugh from him as they kiss.

Kerem wastes no time wrapping himself around her, his arms going around her waist completely to flush her against him.

"And we're off tomorrow." she adds as she pulls back to run her fingers through his hair. It's wet after he got rid of all the hairspray and hair products that they use for Serkan.

"Mhm. Your birthday is tomorrow."

"Yes, it is." she smiles brightly, her arms around his shoulders. It's been a long day, but getting to finish it off like this is worth every single tiring minute. "I want to ask you something about that."