Ye olde white horse

Tony p.o.v 
"Sir, agent Romanoff is requesting to see everyone in the lab," Jarvis called. I groaned, glancing up at the ceiling.
"Is it important?" I called back.
"Very sir, it's about Carson,"
This got my full, undivided attention. "What about her?" I asked, worried. Had she hurt her ankle again? Worse?
"She and Agent Romanoff wish to tell everyone together," Jarvis insisted. I nodded and hurried off to the lab. When I got there, everyone was already there. Nat had sat on a desk with Carson on her lap, Carson looked upset, her eyes red-rimmed, like she'd been crying.
"Carson, what's wrong?" I asked, hurrying over.
"That's what we're about to tell you Tony," Nat said gently. I nodded, but didn't step back, I started rubbing Carson's arm, trying to do what I could.
"Now, Carson?" Jarvis asked. She looked up and nodded.
"Initiating protocol 'tattle-tale'," 
I was confused, I hadn't made that protocol, why would Carson make a protocol and not tell me, and why was it called that?
An image appeared in front of us, it was a scan of a person, a child, Carson. But there were red blotches on her, and lot of red blotches. I edged away from Carson a little, scanning it.
"What is this?" Asked Steve.
"This is a scan of Carson, Mr Roger's, it is showing her current injuries." Wait, what?!
Clint spoke up, peering curiously at the scan, "Injuries?" 
This time Carson spoke, in a shaky scared voice unlike what I'd ever heard from her before, "Injuries from...my mother,"
We all stared at her, except Nat, in complete shock. Her mother, her godd*mn mother has been hurting her! I rushed forward, plucking her out of Nat's arms and held her close to me, both of us sobbing.
"What are the injuries?" I heard Bruce ask, quietly, as if trying not to cry himself. I feared what the answer would be.
"A large bruise on her stomach, another three on her back, many cuts on her arms and a scratch on the back of her neck," Jarvis replied, sounding sad and apologetic. Though he was only an A.I, he was the closest to having actual human emotions out of all of my 'toys'. I looked at the other's, Bruce was trying to hold his anger in, but he was turning slightly green at the ears. Clint looked murderous, while Steve looked ready to punch something. And Nat just looked remorseful and you could tell she was fighting back tears of her own.
Carson had stopped crying and was now rubbing her eyes. It all made sense now, why she always wore sleeves, even in warm weather, why she once came over with a black eye (she told me it was a fight at school), why she rarely ever let me touch her. I'd always thought she just didn't like personal contact.
"When she was yelling yesterday, because of her bad date, I knew she was going to start screaming at me, that's why I told her you where here, she doesn't just physically hurt me, she does it mentally as well," Carson said, more quiet than I'd ever known her to be. "She also sent Jade away," she added, softly. I wondered what had happened to her. 
"She's not getting away with this," I said, venom dripping from my words. I saw the others nod. We headed to the garage and all got in, Carson looked nervous, I took her hand.
"Don't worry, she's never hurting you again," I promised. And I meant it, more than anything I'd ever promised before. I would protect her to my last breath, no. matter. what.

Steve p.o.v
One minute I'm being hung upside down by my ankles, next I'm going to help the person who did that, escape their abusive mother. I could hardly believe it, Carson may be sneaky and mischievous, but she's also sweet and amazing. How could anyone be so cruel to her?
We pulled up outside the bar, it was called, 'ye olde white horse'. Ironic since white is a pure colour and Ms Mooney was anything but.
The colour had drained from Carson's face, I picked up the poor mite and held her against my hip, stroking her hair to try and calm her down. We all entered the bar.
"Your back, I thought you wouldn't be until later...," Ms Mooney started. But Tony wasn't having it.
"Cut the bullsh*t, Polly, we know everything,"
I wasn't keen on Tony's language, but in this situation I'd let it slide.
Ms Mooney's face turned white and started panicking.
"Well...your the great Tony Stark...of course you do...erm...,"
"Shut up," Tony commanded. "I'm talking about how you've been abusing Carson,"
Ms Mooney turned to glare at Carson, I tightened my hold on her as she gulped and buried her face in my neck. She started towards us, but Clint stopped her.
"Don't even think about it," he hissed, the look on his face was clear, 'back off or I'll make you'. So she did.
"I already called the police, sent them evidence and everything," Tony began. "So we'll just stop by the courthouse so I can legally adopt her,"
Our jaws dropped, even Carson and her mother's, none us expected that. Tony turned to Carson.
"That is, only if you want me to?" He questioned. I put Carson down and she walked over to Tony, who kneeled to her height. She threw her arms around him saying 'yes, yes, yes!' Pleased, we trooped out, each giving a final glare towards the evil woman still standing in the bar.
After stopping at the courthouse and grabbing some ice cream, we went up in the elevator at the tower.
"Isn't Fury gonna want to know about this?" Carson asked. How did she...oh yeah, she hacked S.H.I.E.L.D. Still don't know how she's so smart. She's seven.
Tony shrugged.
"It's my choice, not his, if he doesn't like it, not my problem,"
We all exited the elevator, and there was Fury, standing in the middle of the room. 'Crap' I thought. 'This won't end well