Shotgun

Tony p.o.v
Carson and I shared a glance, knowing that Polly was about to make the others extremely uncomfortable, she was a total flirt, worse than how I used to be before that cave, and it only took her five seconds to start on poor, old capsicle. God, he looked horrified, I nearly laughed. Carson looked at me, telling me with her eyes to get my ass over there and help, she seemed to be holding in her own laughter.
"Hey, Ms Mooney, I was wondering if Carson could spend the weekend at the tower, if it's alright with you?" I asked, I loved having Carson round (DON'T TELL HER!) and I knew Pepper, Happy and Rhodes would love to see her. She wormed her way into all out hearts without even trying, I knew she'd do the same with the team, shame Thor wasn't here, he would have easily gotten on with her.
"Of course Mr Stark, I'm sure Carson will have a lovely time with you all," she replied, turning Carson around to speak to her.

Carson p.o.v
Mother span me around, her back facing the bar, as she'd walked over there while flirting with Steve. She had also sent a wink over in Clint's direction. Bruce had luckily been spared. So far.
"When you get back we can spend some quality time together, since I've been so busy recently," she said in her fake 'loving mother voice'. My expression fell for a split second remembering all our other 'lovely' quality times. As I nodded, a smile on my face, as I spun back around to face the team. But I forgot something, or more like someone. The someone who had been leaning against the bar this whole time. Who had seen my face falter. Nat.

Natasha p.o.v 
I leant against the bar, watching Carson and her mother. I could see why Tony cared about her. She was very similar to him, yet very different at the same time, I could see her fitting in very well with the team. I already liked her.
"When you get back we can spend some quality time together, since I've been so busy recently," 
I was drawn from my thoughts and saw Carson's expression fall for a moment, it was gone in a split second, but I recognised that look in her eyes. It was panic. And fear.
Carson was afraid of her own mother. Now that her mother was here, Carson seemed less confident, I noticed that when Tony picked her up to follow the rest of the team, she gave her mother and fleeting glance that read one thing. Absolute dread. 
I made up my mind then and there, Carson was not coming back here, I was not going to allow it. No child should be somewhere they don't feel safe. Not like how I was in the Red Room.

Carson p.o.v 
Tony had quickly whisked me outside before placing me back on the ground, so I called...
"Shotgun," Bruce and I said at the same time. We glared playfully at each other.
"On three," I said. He nodded.
"One,"
"Two,"
"Three,"
We took off, Bruce going round the front while I went round back. Bruce opened the door grinning in triumph, but as he did, I jumped into the seat, victorious. I sent a smirk in Bruce's direction.
Bruce folded his arms, pretending to be ticked off, before an amused grin broke onto his face, he held up his hands in surrender and said:
"You win,"
I smirked and replied with "I always do," 
Bruce raised his eyebrow. "You know you can't actually sit there, right?"
Tony rolled his eyes. "You really think the police are going to stop her?"
Bruce just laughed before going into the back, Clint and Steve quickly following, both congratulating me with high fives, much to Tony's amusement. But when I went to sort my seatbelt out, it was stuck.
"Here, let me help," I heard Nat say, I moved my hands and let her, but one her hands brushed against me, making me wince which surprisingly went unnoticed. 
Well that's what I thought, what I hadn't realised was that Nat had done it on purpose and I would be very glad that she did.
I just didn't know it yet.