Worth it

Carson p.o.v
I'd been left on my own. S.H.I.E.L.D had called in Uncle Steve, Uncle Clint, Uncle Thor, Aunt Nat and Uncle Bruce. Though the others seemed fine with it, but Uncle Bruce left muttering about 'wanting nothing to do with them' and 'stupid Fury'.
Dad, Uncle Happy and Aunt Pepper were in Egypt for some reason, I didn't care, so I didn't ask. Uncle Rhodes was supposed to watch me, but he'd been called back to his base. 
I was soooooo bored so I did the only thing I could think of, I went to see Loki. He looked up at me as I entered.
"Come to make another speech, have you?"
"Nope, figured I'd bored you enough already," I replied, casually leaning against the wall. 
"Are you really so uninterested in the rest of this tower you came to speak to me?"
"Yep, everyone else has better things to do today," I said, before adding. "But you of course, have an open schedule,"
"What makes you think I won't tell the team you've been sneaking in here, I could easily tell," 
"You won't gain anything from it,"
Instead of back-chatting, he remained silent for several moments before finally speaking.
"You are not like most Midguardian children," he stated. I shrugged.
"I tend to stick out,"
"There are many children out there who have terrible lives like yours was once, what made you stand out?"
"I don't know, the thought never occurred to me,"
"Interesting," he muttered. I groaned.
"You're boring me now, I'm off, bye," I said, turning to leave, but before I did I added. "Oh and Uncle Thor said you and him are leaving in two days, he forgot to tell you,"
Loki nodded. "Farewell, child of iron,"
I left the room, I knew that I'd probably never see him again and I didn't mind, he wasn't the most interesting in that cage. I wasn't about to let him out of course, I wasn't stupid, but it would have been nice to try and get to know him.

Clint p.o.v
We had tricked Carson, she thought we were all dotted around the globe when really we were all together, planning Carson's birthday party.
Tony had wanted to go all out, but Nat had closed the idea down as Carson wouldn't enjoy that. It was going to be the ultimate fun day out for Carson. But we needed to make sure we could all be there, Pepper had already cleared that space of her calendar, so had Happy, but the rest of us on the other hand...
"So you want me to make sure you don't have to go on any missions on Carson's birthday, you also want to me to get Colonel Rhodes out of his base for the day as well?" Fury asked.
"Yeah, pretty much," Tony answered. Fury sighed.
"Fine, but if there's a potentially world ending threat that day and no one is able to stop it, that's on you,"
We all glanced at each other, and in the most serious tones we answers in sync. "Worth it,"
And we meant it, seeing Carson enjoying her birthday was the most important thing to us all right now. Carson was worth it.