You can't change the past

Carson p.o.v 
After getting my revenge, which included the classic hair dye prank, a now pink-haired Thor  swore to stay away from my pop tarts. I'd been surprised to meet him, but even more so to meet Loki. I hadn't seen him since, the team had locked him up somewhere in the tower and I was forbidden to go near him. Thing was, I wouldn't have gone if they hadn't forbidden it.
"I don't think you're supposed to be here," Loki stated. I grinned.
"Nope,"
"Won't the ceiling servant report this?"
"Jarvis? No, I took care of that," I responded. Loki looked at me questionably, so I added. "I'm a very good hacker,"
"Ah, that explains it," he said, nodding. "So then, why are you here?"
"The team told me I couldn't and nobody tells me I can't do something," I answered, folding my arms, a proud smirk on my lips.
"Stubborn," Loki decided. "And determined,"
I shrugged, I was who I was. I made a quick choice.
"Why did you do it?" I asked, Loki glanced at me, knowing what I meant.
"I wished to rule, it is my birthright," he answered, as if it was obvious.
"Why Midguard, if you believe humans to be weak, why not chose a stronger realm?" I continued to question, genuinely confused. I didn't think we were weak, but there were definitely stronger realms out there. Loki thought for a moment before replying:
"It mattered not where I ruled, I just wanted to rule," 
He sounded genuine, almost believable, but I'd learnt to tell the difference between truth and lie.
"You're lying, I can tell,"
"How?" He asked, more like commanded.
"I practically lived on the streets before I was adopted, I learnt how to tell, you know I'm not lying, your the God of mischief and lies, are you not?"
He smiled, slightly. "Impressive, especially for a Midguardian child, do you really want the truth?" I was surprised he was prepared to tell me, it was probably because I was just a kid.
I nodded, not allowing my eagerness to show.
"I was told by my father, my whole life, that I was born to be a king, but I discovered that this was not my future, only Thor's,...I learnt that I was not of Asgard...that I was just a stolen relic from war,"
"Not to Thor, nor your mother, I've spoken to your brother, he misses you and so does Queen Frigga, they love you, but how after this, can they trust you? Odin, he does care, but he has to put Asgard and the nine realms first, that's why you are being locked up," I said, before turning to leave. "I know it's hard to trust someone when they've caused so much uncertainty and pain, but you should try, think about it,"
Then I left to find Uncle Clint, that's right, the Avengers are my uncles, aunt and father. You can probably guess who's who. 
Loki was...broken. He wasn't evil, just seen as it, because no one said the right thing in order to lead him to the right path. His true heritage must have been what pushed Odin away from Loki, if only things had gone differently in Asgard. But, if it had, would the Avengers have formed and me adopted, possibly not. Well, you can't change the past. The future however...