Chapter 5: Hunger

You only realized what Dio had meant when you remembered how he'd looked at you when he first found you. A midnight snack. Vampires drink blood. You're a vampire. He's a vampire.
"Um... Dio?"

The two of you were walking in a street, with you holding his arm. The moonlight perfectly illuminated his features. A sharp, impressive jawline. High, strong cheekbones. A pronounced browbone and deepset, slender amber eyes. The arm you held on to was impossibly muscular, and it flexed ever so slightly with every step he took, eager to hold you close. He was easily more than a few inches taller than you. You looked back up at his face. His lips were full, and his cupid's bow was pronounced, each point sharp. His ears, peeking out from his golden blonde hair, were delicately pointed at the tips, just like yours now were. Underneath those lips of his were sharp fangs. Ones similar to those you were currently trying to get used to in your own mouth.
"What is it?"
His voice was silky and smooth, refined from years of living in the streets and with a noble's family. It never ceased to be able to calm you down or make you laugh.
His muscular frame easily dwarfed you, though he never took advantage of you. Sure, he joked around, as boys do, but he'd always stop if you were to say so.
All you could imagine was what it'd be like to finally give in to your feelings and pull him down by the collar and kiss him, giving him no choice but to-
"Y/N."

You were shook from your thoughts by the sound of his voice.
"Huh?"

He gave off a laugh, shaking his hand a bit.
"I don't know, you tell me. You're the one who said my name in the first place. Though, you were also staring."
Your face flushed, and you stared down at the ground beneath your feet.
"I... wanted to ask if we're going to be... y'know... drinking someone's blood."
He nodded a little bit.
"Unless you're not uncomfortable with it. Food can sustain us, but we have to eat very often. Though, we also can't grow overweight, thanks to our metabolism..."
"I'm okay with it. I... don't care if I have to kill people. I'm just happy to be in your company again."
Dio blinked, and he couldn't help but smile at the words.
"Thank you, Y/N. But... we're here."

You looked up, and had to do a double take. A brothel.
"It's easier to take people this way. Plus, women's blood always tastes better. Mostly because they typically take better care of themselves than men."
You gave off a little laugh as he led you in.

It didn't take long for them to find someone, and she led the two of them to the back, and into a room. Dio didn't even let her get undressed before she was knocked unconscious. He caught her before she could fall. The act sprung up a bit of jealousy from inside you, but you shoved it down.

He tilted her neck to the side, and gestured for you to approach the two.
Stifling a sigh and pushing down any repulsion, you leaned down and bit her on the neck.

Her blood did not taste like blood. It was sweet, like syrup. You didn't let up until Dio had to gently push you away from her neck.
"We can't kill her, Y/N. Don't worry, we can get more. It'd be too suspicious if we did."

You looked up at him, a bit of blood dripping down from the corner of your mouth. Your [color] eyes seemed to glow in the dim light, alive with something akin to adrenaline.
He gave off a little smile, and just... tossed the woman onto the bed, before leaning down and bringing his face to yours. But he didn't kiss you, no. Instead, you felt his tongue drag from your chin up to the corner of your mouth, licking away the blood you'd let spill.

Just like that, your rush of adrenaline was gone, and you were left nothing more than a bright red mess. You felt like you did when you'd first met him; a stuttering, nervous, fidgety mess.
That easily, you were reminded of how much he loved to torture you with his flirting. Though it always seemed more of a joke than anything. He was too perfect, though you hated to admit it; he'd never love someone like you.

"S-Sorry," you stuttered, taking a step back. In an instant, Dio's expression faded into concern.
"There's no need to apologize, Y/N. I overstepped. Though, flustering you is still as fun as it used to be," he replied, offering out his hand to you.
Hesitantly, you took it, and he twined his fingers with yours. "Come on. Let's go home. I ate while you were in the bath yesterday, so I'll be alright for now."
You nodded, and he led you out the back door, with your heart still hammering in your chest. You had no idea he could hear it.

And you also had no idea how much he'd genuinely wanted to kiss you.