CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Mr Malhotra adored his son but he soon got a call, excusing himself he went to a much quieter side but what he heard over the call pulled the ground beneath his feet. As he collapsed onto the chair. Everyone came running to him but the only word he spoke was Manik and then pointed at the t.v. Mukti turned it on and the sky came crashing down at the house as the headlines read,

"MR. MALHOTRA, THE BUSINESS TYCOON HAS LOST ALL HIS SHARES, PROPERTY AND COMPANY TO HIS BELOVED DAUGHTER-IN-LAW NANDINI SINGHANIA MALHOTRA. THE SINGHANIA COMPANY TOOK OVER THE MALHOTRA'S NOW LEAVING THEM BANKRUPT."

***********************************************************************************************

The entire family was shook to the core as they hear Nandini addressing the media with a bunch of papers.

"I am so happy to be here and so proud of my friend Zeke over here who's supported me throughout. Singhania Group of Industries is something that is very special to me since it's my father's hard work and my mom's dream. I am so glad that i was able to take it over to a new higher phase by taking over the Malhotra's." Nandini spoke.

"But ma'am isn't that your in-law's company?" A reporter asked.

'Ofcourse it is but my in-laws have always had the competitive spirit and they are so happy about my success and we all know that there could be just one Business tycoon on the top and for me that's my dad and also my father-in-law will always be a part of this company. You can see it more as a merger than a take over." She replied confidently and stood up to leave the premises.

"I would really like you all to have the special dinner that we have organised for the media." she 2requested and walked out with Zeke walking behind.

Everyone had their hearts in their mouth as they couldn't believe what was happening. Manik was on call with their lawyer and he said the same that the Malhotra's were done. Gone were the days when they had the power. Mr.Malhotra found it difficult to take it all in and Neyonika was stressed but still stood beside her husband was the support.

Mr. Singhania along with Cabir came running as soon as they could and felt sad looking at their best buds. Cabir went over to Manik who was super stressed.

"What is wrong with her Cabir?" manik shouted in anger.

"Son we have no idea about any of this." Mr. Singhania replied.

"But uncle i just don't get it. It was all good then why suddenly." Manik spoke but then it dawned upon him what if-.

"Manik i believe that there is a proper reason for all of this. Let her get back home and then we'll talk about it all i promise." Cabir tried calming everyone around him.

"How can we calm the fuck down Cabir? You saw what exactly your best friend did. She freakin ruined us. We have nothing. You see nothing. All our property is hers. Dad already lost his shares in some stupid project and what all we had was of manik. I don't get it that how did she even acquired those." Mukti looked at Manik as she shouted.

"Mukti keep your volume down." Neyonika scolded her, " I know Nandini. there is a proper explanation i know." she supported her lovely daughter-in-law.

"What explanation Neyo. That girl, i called her my kid and she just ruined it all." Mr. Malhotra spoke.

"I ruined nothing Uncle." Came a voice from the door.

Nandini walked inside the Malhotra mansion with her lawyer and Zeke.

"What are you doing Nandini?" Asked Mr. Singhania.

"Wait dad. I'll let you know EVERYTHING" Nandini replied, "Maria Maria." she shouted for the servant.

"Yes ma'am" came the servant shivering. She was well aware of the scenario up till now.

"Can you please get some water and tea for both Mr. Singh and Zeke." she ordered.

The poor servant ran back for her life and got two glasses of water which eventually Mukti smashed on the floor before it went to the  guest.

"What is wrong with you Nandini? How can you be so casual about everything? Manik atleast say something to her." Mukti shouted at nandini.

"Mukti my dear girl. I am way too tired right now. Let me catch a breathe. I'll open the story for everyone." Nandini replied calmly as she looked right through at a Manik, a look that fucked the shit out of him, a stare that told him that his worst nightmare was coming true.

"What do you mean?" Neyonika asked, ' i know Nandini that there was a valid reason for this. My child i am ready to hear anything. Please tell us." Neyonika spoke.

"Mom i love you and yes there is a reason. Mom what i did was what everyone deserved." Nandini replied.

"What? You have completely lost it." Mukti spoke in daze as she held her head.

"Mukti" this time Mr. Malhotra stopped his daughter.

"Dad" Mukti spoke.

"Nandini how do we deserve this?" Mr. Malhotra asked.

"Ask your son dad. He is the key to all your answers. Right Mr. Manik Malhotra." 

"My brother loved you. He trusted you Nandini." Mukti spoke pointing her finger at the couple. " You're doing this for him aren't you" she looked at Zeke who stood with calmness.

This was it for Nandini. Zeke had nothing to do in all of this and Mukti had gone too far now.

"Did he Mukti?" Nandini finally asked, " Did your brother really loved me?" 

"Like a lost puppy." Mukti replied.

"No Mukti he didn't. Your brother is a jerk who deserved all of this. He-" Nandini spoke in anger when Mr. Malhotra spun her in anger but before he could say or do anything Manik stepped forward but Zeke came in middle.

"Don't you dare." Zeke threatened the family. " Touch her and your pride goes down too cause she ain't alone."