EPILOGUE-I

(POSTING IT AS A NEW PART AGAIN BECAUSE SOME OF YOU WERE HAVING PROBLEMS LOADING THE CONTENT)

First of all, i am extremely grateful for the love you all have given to this story and also me as a writer. Trust me i've read each and every word you guys wrote to me , be it in the comments or my personal inbox. And that's when i thought that you guy's actually deserve this epilogue at the very least.

A final note at the end of this epilogue.

****************************

NANDINI'S POV

I hadn't realised how much my life had changed over a period of time until now. As i stand here by the staircase looking at the life i've built for myself, the decisions i had to make or remake at times. Dad sat right across me reading his newspaper in the garden area as he explained the world's happenings to Rio.
Rio has been the centre of my universe for the past 3 years now. I remeber how loved i had felt when he had held my thumb for the very first time at the hospital by his teeny tiny fingers and here he was now walking around the house, making dad a run for his life. The way he's uplifted the old man's heart in just a matter of a few days is commendable but then again dad always had a soft spot for kids in his life.
"Rio! Come on we've got to go back home now." i shouted out for him as the servants rolled out the bags from the upper floor to the car. I watched his shoulder slump in disappointment since he was hoping we'd stay more with his grandfather but i think his other family misses him too.
"Can't we stay for a little long? I can talk to dad." he tried comvincing me in his baby voice as i walked towards him with a soft chuckle.
"Yes please Nandini. Let the kid stay, you hardly visit me now anyways." I heard my dad complain like a kid as much as his grandchild.
"I am sorry dad but we really gotta leave. The others must be waiting for us already." i gave him a side hug as i smiled at him and held Rio by his little fingers.
"Goodbye Grandpa. I'll be back soon." he promised dad with a kiss as we exited my once called home towards our destination.

MANIK'S POV

"Manik you'll be late again." I heard Neyonika snicker from the door for the millionth time as she held up a tie in one hand and my coat in another.
"I know but they'll be here anytime and i want things to be perfect as they would like." i said sprinkling some more powdered sugar and sprinkles on the fresh doughnuts i made this morning.
"But if you're not out of here in another minute then you might even miss them before your meeting." she said almost pushing me out of one of my most places inside this house, the kitchen.
As i walked back to my room with a hearty laugh, i looked at Mukti who gave me a twirl in her new dress as i complimented her as a brother should, by calling her fat, but trust me she's not, the changes that she have had over the past 3 years have been commendable and there's only one person to thank that for. The centre of my universe, Nandini, she's changed my life for good. For better.
Rushing through the various white shirts from my closet only to pick the one she bouht me, i dash inside the bathroom for a quick freshening up session and get out in seconds with dampened hair. My accessories are all set on the table like always, as i glance at her huge portrait on the centre of my wall for one last time before i leave for some new beginnings.
"This is all for you. You've made this happen." i say it out loud to the frame before making my way out to the main hall.
"Manik your tie and coat." Neyonika comes running after me as i she fixes my tie, like my mom would do before any of my informal eent , if she was here but alas i've finally found her in Neyonika.
"Please give him the sprinkle ones if i get late and do not pull out the chocolate cake until desert." i remind her the rules for the millionth time maybe as i watch her face churn into annoyance.
"I know Manik, just go and rock that presentation and get those investors for your bakery." she patted my back before signing me off.

Once i'm in my car, i look at the mirror having a reflection of myself, investors, if someone would have told me that i'd be running after investors for a bakery, i might have laughed at the man calling him craxy but here i am, chasing my dream. I remember i had once told Nandini how much i loved to bake as i would see my mom do that, and here i am now, opening a bakery under her name as i make my own path in this world without the Malhotra name tag.