CHAPTER FIVE

GETTING MOST OF YOUR QUERIES ANSWERED IN THIS ONE.

**********************************************************************

" I wish i could have listened to you." Nandini spoke turning her gaze back to the sky.

"No it was typical you. The saviour Nandini. You were trying to do good." Zeke smiled at her.

"I just wish i never ran to him" Nandini replied.

"Hey it's nobody's fault" Zeke made her face him.

"Yeah ofcourse" Nandini puffed air trying not to meet hsi eyes.

"Nanz-"

"It's my fault for being an idiot Zeke, i just i wish i never met him" a lone tear escaped her eye.

"You know what but i am glad that you got to know everything"

FLASHBACK

Nandini ran to Manik's house and saw his dad exiting the premises.

"Nandini what are you doing here?" Manik's father asked.

"Good evening uncle actually i am here to meet Manik. There's just some confusion for the design" Nandini greeted him. Even though she wanted to tell him everything she knew but Manik's father never liked Alya and for a fact she knew he was gonna blame him after knowing the truth so it was important that Manik knew everything before.

" I am so happy that you kids are really undoing yourself for this company and your relationship. You can go meet him. I think he's in his room. Maybe has a friend over." saying this Manik's dad walked out for his regular evening walk.

Nandini climbed up the stairs faster than ever because well today was auspicious. She held the door knob to open it wider than it already was but stopped midway hearing the lone voice she never wanted to hear.

"We never decided on this Manik" Alya shouted on top of her voice throwing her hands animatedly in the air while a calm Manik stood at the balcony.

"We have no other choice Alya and you know that well" Manik reasoned.

"We do just get her sign those bloody papers."

"You think it's that easy. No Alya it's not. Not right now." Manik shouted this time startling Alya and Nandini both.

"Why not Manik. Are you trying to ditch me"

"No i am not trying to ditch you Alya. Why can't you understand that this ain't easy" Manik exclaimed sitting on the bed with hsi head in his palms.

"You think it's easy for me to watch you marry other women. It's not."

"I know even i thought that uncle and dad will sign the partnership papers after the engagement but uncle just backed off. He says he's gonna name the entire company to Nandini after the wedding and then she will be the one incharge of the merge. Even dad agreed to this." Manik explained " I never wanted me and Nandini to get into this mess"

"Her father's so smart Manik. Very smart. Gonna hang his daughter to you and then what about me"

" Alya i promise as soon as this wedding gets legal and i gain Nandini's trust i am gonna get her sign the papers and then everything will be ours and back to before."

"You know Manik this is your last shot at saving your family. Your dad nearly lost all of the comapny shares because of his stupid charity project. If this merger does not happen. Malhotra's are done." Alya reminded Manik of the dreadful situation his family was in.

"I know and i won't let that happen. I have planned it all. Nandini starts trusting me. Get the papers sign under my name and she's out." Manik got up and walked to the balcony looking out of the window.

"Good i hope you know what and whom are you doing this for?" Alya replied hugging him from behind.

Nandini was startled to hear how someone could be so cruel and devilish to her. She stumbled back to the edge of the stairs grabbing the ballister when she realised it was not a dream. She ran as fast as she could to her house and sat down on her room floor closing the gates so none could hear her sobs. And right now she knew only one person who she could trust.

Zeke picked up the call on the third ring and by the tone of his voice. He was definitely sleeping and why won't he. It was past midnight there.

"Zeke" Nandini's voice came out as a mere whisper.

"Nanz" Her voice startled him and Zeke woke up with aa jolt turning on the lamps around him.

"Are you okay?"

"He's a monster Zeke. I can't" Nandini tried speaking amidst her sobs.

"Nanz tell me what happened. You are freaking me out right now." 

And so she did. At the end the only voice left was her sobs and a lamp being smashed on the other side.

"That motherfucker. Nandini you have to call off this wedding. You have to tell uncle" Zeke tried controlling her.

That's when it hit her. Her father.

"Dad.No Zeke i can't tell him. He's not fine enough to know this. I can't loose him"

"Okay okay i do understand this. We are not telling uncle right now but you have to tell Cabir. He's gonna punch some sense into that guy i swear."

" I can't tell him either. I know he can do anything for me but Cabir just got his friend back. I an't break him again. I know how hurt he was before." Nandini reasoned trying to get her falling life together.

"Stop being the saviour Nanz. For once. Try thinking about yourself. What are you gonna do. Just let him play with your life. You know what i am coming there. And i am gonna knock that guy out" Zeke spoke packing his belongings in a back.

10 minutes went and no reply came from the ohter side so Zeke stopped.

"Nanz you there? Bro you okay? I am still here" Zeke asked.

"You are not xoming here." Came back a reply.

"Why Nanz? Are you just gonna let him go away."

"No"

"Then what Nanz you can't marry him" Zeke spoke in frustration.

"Zeke do you trust me?"

"ofcourse i do"

"Can you do something for me?" Nandini asked

FLASHBACK OVER

"And i still say yes. So what's the next step" Zeke smiled at her.

"Step one was to marry him. To make him beleive that his plan was working. Let him think that i was falling into his trap" Nandini counted on her finger

"But the truth his that he is falling in your trap. The biggest pit he has ever seen."

"Step two is to make him trust me." Nandini opened another finger

"Real smooth but i think he already trusts"

"Step three. The papers" nandini opened another finger.

"Isn't that his plan?" Zeke questioned 

"Exactly his plan but i win. The papers will be real but not under him name. The name would be Nandini Singhania. He wanted my dad's hard earned work right. Now i am gonna take his. He would be bound to beg at the end of this." nandini smiled at Zeke.

"Boom and that's the end of the Malhotra's. Good job my Sherlock" Zeke patted her back.

"Manik have met Mr. Singhania's daughter Nandini but now he's gonna meet Mrs. Singhania's daughter NANDINI SINGHANIA".