CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Nandini's phone buzzed as she excused herself from everyone. Picking up the call she took a deep breathe as she said, "Dad".

"Hey Dad!" Nandini tried being chirpy aware of the storm coming ahead of her.

"What is this Nandini? What am i hearing right now ? Manik and Alya?" Nandini's father started his interrogation.

He had been out on a business trip, being in this business line for the past 25 years had gained him a lot of respects and hence he was always counted in the top 20 most influential business man around the world. The press conference was quite long and harsh for him specially after his daughter's wedding but he was glad about the house he had found for her. He knew that family well enough to know that they were always gonna keep her safe until today.

As soon as he walked back inside his hotel room, he heard his phone ring, it was by an old nemesis delegate of his who told him about his son-in-law's affair. Affair. To say that he was shook wa not the correct word, he was angry and fearful for his daughter. The news was all over the channels saying what not and the only thing he cared was how his daughter was taking that in, so he grabbed his phone and called her.

Her little chripy 'hi' and he knew that she was crying to create  facade, afterall he was her father. So he did the first thing what any father would do, well ask a bunch of questions to know if his daughter is fine or not and moreover if the news was correct or not.

"Dad dad relax" Nandini pulled over her father's question train, "I am okay and everyone here is okay"

"What am i hearing my little girl? Why is the media filled all around with Manik and what affair are they talking about?" Her father asked in concern, he wasn't someone to drop onto direct conclusions but right now this was a topic about her daughter.

"Dad it's all wrong. They are just framing him trust me. Alya is just a college friend of his and Cabir's. You can ask him too and Manik was just helping her but you know all these paps right. They can do anything for their stupid ratings. It's just that." Nandini explained covering up the entire scenario at the house as she looked up to see the entire family looking her with love, as to how gracefully she was handling the entire situation.

Among them was a face that dripped of guilt. Guilt of hurting her and hence he couldn't even look at her properly while Nandini just smiled at Manik assuring him that she trusts him and will always support him.

Isn't it adorable and magical that a smile can do wonders to you. Portray so many emotions and support, all at once without even a word being spoken.

"I don't know about that. i am scared for you my girl." her father replied with a concerned voice, he was having a bad vibe out of all this entire situation and it freaked the hell out of him.

"It's okay. Trust me atleast when i say that it is all a stupid rating game. You trust Manik right." Nandini told him assuring everyone that it was fine.

"I am not very certain about that now." Nandini's dad told her the truth.

"Dad. Okay what do you want me to do to explain it to you." Nandini wanted to unburden her father. She never wanted to hurt him.

"I am coming right away and Cabir is also reaching back from Chicago as soon as he can. I am sending you a driver and jo go back home and we'll talk as soon as i get back home." her father instructed. He wasn't going to let his daughter stay at that place anymore until he was sure about it.

"But dad" Nandini tried rejecting the offer.

"No if's and but's. I'll be there by morning." her father said the last word of the topic, dismissing any other restraints from her as he cancelled the call.

"Dad" Nandini snorted but the call was already off.

"What happened Nandini? Is everything okay?" Neyonika asked being concerned.

" Dad saw the news and he was concerned." Nandini answered being tired of the fiasco.

"That's natural Nandini. he is your father. He is just fearing about your future and your life." Manik's father spoke eyeing his son with pure anger.

"I know dad but he is not trusting me. He is coming back tomorrow and now he wants me to get back home. he is sending a driver for me." Nandini gave the upsetting news.

"Nandini you should have explained him" Mukti said.

" I tried Mukti but he is just being a father right now and my priority is to unburden him so i'll have to go" nandini replied

"It's fine Nandini. Go pack your bags. We all will mett tomorrow. I'll pack some food for you." Neyonika spoke in an understanding tone.

"Thank you mom." Nandini hugged Neyonika and went inside to pack leaving an upset and regretful Manik and hence he decided to get back in the room and tell Nandini everything. EVERYTHING.

Manik jogged back up and knocked on the door. After whatever happened today it was not his right anymore to invade in her privacy.

"Come in" came a voice from the other side and hence he walked in.

"Nandini" Manik spoke.

"Oh Manik you are here. I was just packing a few essentials because a few of my old clothes are already there.

"Nandini i just wanted to say-" Manik started speaking but got interrupted by Nandini.

" I know" Nandini spoke.

"You know? How?" Manik asked being surprised.

"Because we are partners in life and i do know you a bit. I know that you are upset by Dad's decision but even we have to understand that he is a father. He is just caring for his daughter." Nandini answered his query making him sit beside her on the bed.

"I know nandini and he is right here. I don't deserve you because i am an idiot. I broke your trust and i made you go through this fiasco today. I should have told you everything before and not had it open out like this. I have hurt you and i take full responsibility of it. I am sorry but all i ask from you is to hear me out. I want to tell you everything." Manik held her hand.

he took a long breathe to explain it all to her but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"You driver is here." Mukti informed them.

"Coming" Nandini replied Mukti and turned to face Manik.

"I have to go but i promise that i'll make dad understand this entire situation and you don't have to be guilty about it. Please don't blame yourself." Nandini smiled at Manik.

"Nandini but i just wanted to say-" Manik tried explaining it to her.

"No apologies anymore. I'll come back as soon as i can okay? " Nandini held his face giving his a small peck on his cheek and she left him into the darkness walking out.

To Manik it felt like a walk away from his life. As if he was losing her and falling down in a dark well with no getting back.

**************************
Any thoughts on this new Nandini?
And what Manik should do now?