CHAPTER FOUR

Nandini walked to the edge of the buildings and kept her hands on the railing looking at the scenery ahead her.

"Are you sure we should go about this plan?" Zeke asked in an hope for a different and opposite answer this time but what's done is done.

"And here we go again. Zeke don't you trust me?" Nandini turned around ready to face those questions again. Since they had a talk about this. It had been completely delutional of him to try and stop her. Maybe he was being a good friend at his space but right now she needed someone who could trust her.

"Ofcourse i do! And who do you think i travelled miles for" Zeke spoke standing beside her, " I just don't want anyone of us to regret this and-"

"And dont want me getting into some sort of danger. I know and it won't happen because i have you" Nandini spoke interruption him.

"Okay okay wonder women i know there is no point making you understand so what's the next step now?" Zeke asked surrendering to this utterly intelligent beside her.

"But before that let's have a rewind, shall we?" Nandini turned to him with a cold stare.

FLASHABACK

The engagement was a pretty affair and the workload after that not so much pretty. nandini sat between a pile of things, on one hand was a pile of clothes she was supposed to try on and judge, on the other hand was a bunch of files that were supposed to be signed. File or clothes. tough choice.

Ring

A loud ring of her cell phone got her out of the decision pit and she grabbed it from the side stand. It must be Manik. She had thought.

"Hey" Nandini spoke without looking at the caller id trying to get past the clothes and file to the edge of the bow balcony sitting.

"I never knew you would be so excited to talk to me." a voice replied fom the other side.

"Zeke" nandini sat down with a thud of excitement pulling a cusion on her lap.

"On your lappy in five" Zeke replied and she hurriedly pulled her laptop on the other end of the sofa.

Watching her best friend after what felt like ages a bloom developed in her heart.

"Oh gosh i am so happy to see you" Nandini exclaimed.

"Even i am and firstly before you say anything. I am so sorry i couldn't attend your engagement, you know how it is here after the entire downfall and i got so stuck up in this web of pulling everything back up again that-" Zeke spoke trying to justify with an explanation.

"Hey hey i know. I just hope everything is fine there" Nandini replied as a knwoing friend. She was never a person to keep up grudges againt anyone.

"Fine than ever. Back on track as always. so less about me now and more about you. How is your lover boy?" Zeke teased his best friend.

" He is not my lover boy and yes he is very charming, caring, sweet and-" Nandini replied.

"Ya ya but don't tell me you guys haven't said I love you's yet?" Zeke spoke in a surpirse.

"Nope" came a reply with a bit of sadness.

"Nandini!"

"I know i know, i just want him to mean it and right now he is just going through a break up." Nandini tried reasoning.

"He was in a relationship. Damn this guy has got some nerve and i mean how can you" Zeke spoke in astonishment not being able to understand the situation here.

"It's done Zeke and he chose me. So moving on when are you coming over here. You know it's my wedding and i need you here." Nandini spoke doverting the topic.

" I can't Nandini. I have to clear up a few more messes but i promise to meet you soon and until then you can show me your engagement pictures. I have full right to know who got so lucky to have you"

"Yes about that. I just sent you a picture of us and a picture of his college band even Cabir was a part of it. We just got them together and i am glad his life is back on track." Nandini replied smiling a beaming smile.

" Always the good fairy Nandini. Wait let me see." Zeke opened up his phone to check onto the pictures and his face went blank.

On the other hand Nandini waited for her best friend to approve of her choice. We all want that to happen. 

"Zeke you okay? You don't like him?" Nandini got upset.

"Her" a single word from Zeke made Nandini's stomach do a summersault. Mukti. What about her?

"Mukti? That's Manik's sister" Nandini told him.

"No the one on the left"

"That's Alya, his ex. Why are you behaving like that? Zeeke are you okay?" Nandini grew worried.

"Nandini remember i told you i was dating a model from my company an year back. The one who got me into this mess" Zeke asked her

"Yes?"

"This is her. I was dating her and she got mixed up with my partner and he dumped me out of the company. As soon as he did she walked out of me and it was done. The shares went down and i lost everything" Zeke tried explaning his side of the story.

"You sure? Because this can't happen they have been dating since college" Nandini reasoned.

"I am hell sure. I loved her nandini. How can i be not sure about the person that i fell in love with. She is the reason i am cleaning up the mess here. This is not right. Something's off. Nandini you have to listen to me" Zeke called out from the other side of the laptopn. Miles away.

" Manik. Oh god. I have to tell him. His family. Even though they have broken up i have to tell everything to Manik so he stays safe." Nandini got up trying to collect her belonging.

"Nandini you have to listen to me. This is wrong. Something's not right." Zeke shouted from the other side.

"Manik's not safe right now Zeke. I have to warn him. I'll talk to you later okay. Thanks"

"Nan-" before Zeke could resping Nandini opted put of the call and ran down the stairs.

FLASHABACK OVER

" I wish i could have listened to you." Nandini spoke turning her gaze back to the sky.

"No it was typical you. The saviour Nandini. You were trying to do good." Zeke smiled at her.

"I just wish i never ran to him" Nandini replied. 

***********************************************************************************************

I HOPE THIS FILLS UP FOR MY LACK OF WRITING AND POSTING REGULARLY.