The therapist friend

You know how every friend group has a therapist friend? That's me.

Now, I'm in multiple different friend groups with different people, but in the one I see most, I deal with everyone's problems. There are five girls not including me, and I just feel left out sometimes because I can't always hang out.

One of the girls, let's call her Zoe (these will all be musical characters btw), we sit near each other at lunch since we can't have tables anymore, and as much as I love the girl, sometimes I feel like she doesn't let me talk about my shit. I love listening to her talk because most of the time I don't care, but other times I just want to talk about things but she somehow always changes the subject back to her stuff. (just to clarify, she doesn't do it on purpose, she just doesn't have really anyone else to talk to)

Another one of these girls we'll call Kathrine is just always a train wreck (she's a good train wreck tho and she lets me call her a train wreck). She was ranting to me about not knowing whether to chose a private high school she was accepted to or our public one, and she was having like a breakdown over it, and I listened to her the whole day.

This is just the surface, I do this with so many of my other friends, and then all of my feelings get bottled up and end up being thrown into this book or onto you humans. I just want to be able to rant, you know? Sure, they listen if I want to talk most of the time, but whenever I need to rant, I just feel like I'll be taking away from them and they'll be mad at me.

Although, I do have someone who listens to me constantly and always puts up with my shit: wistna18 , they are my therapist friend and I love them so fucking much (platonically, wistna18 ). They've helped me with my crush, they've helped me with my self-hate/insecurities, they've given me terms to research while I struggled with my sexuality, etc. I honestly don't know where I'd be or how my mental health would be without them.

Thanks for listening to my rant, imma go back to being the therapist friend

Peace out fuckers (just kidding I love you, humans, with all my heart ❤️)