Chapter 6: "Bonding"

IM SO SORRY I FORGOT TO POST THIS UH SO YOU SHOULD PROBABLY READ THIS SO 7 MAKES MORE SENSE.

~

"Everythings better now.. I'm right here."

~

Rin and Yukio were in their room, Yukio being utterly confused at why there were such loud noises and his brother's distress.

"Okay so, me and Y/n were messing around and his familiar got angry and I don't know if Y/n is okay or not." Rin sputtered out, still semi-out of breath. Yukio stood there for a moment to process.

He exhaled slowly and adjusted his glasses. "Why are you here and not with him then?"

"Y/n told me to get you and hide. He was very persistent." Yukio hummed. "So do we stay here or should we go check on him?"

"Let's wait a moment, maybe he will tell us when to come back out." Rin nodded and plopped down on his bed, pulling out a manga, Yukio sat at his desk and laid his head in his palm. Many minutes passed, no sign of Y/n. Then they both heard a sigh from the other side of the door.

"I'll get you some candy, how does that sound? Then we can hang out for the rest of the day." Y/n's voice got quieter as he walked past and down the hall to his room. They assumed that that was their cue that everything was good.

Y/n watched as the demon tumbled down to Y/n's door and headbutt it. He grabbed the handle and turned, pushing it a tad bit so he could do it again and open the door. Once they were both inside Y/n sighed and turned to the door and locked it. When he turned back around there was a tall demon in front of him. He screeched and reached toward his back pocket of his pants for a small knife that he held on him.

"That's useless." Amaimon stated, holding up the blade. Y/n's brows furrowed. "I wanted to ask what you were doing earlier. Why did you encourage my behavior?"

"Encourage? You mean use a distraction?" Y/n questioned. "Why don't you ask your brother, I'm sure he would be glad to tell you. Now move." He gave Amaimon a small push, and he stepped back. Y/n mentally thanked him. After the demon moved Y/n scanned his room, seeing the mess Amaimon made this morning. Quickly he went to work cleaning the space. Both demons watched, observing him as he did so.

Y/n found them staring to be mildly uncomfortable so he motioned them both to sit down on the other bed that wasn't being used. Once they were both sitting he gave them both a lollipop, rewarding them as if they were dogs that had followed his command.

"How was your day?" Amaimon asked, Y/n looked at him beyond surprised. "I did that correctly, right?"

The h/c boy smiled and nodded. "It was eventful, and yours?"

"Boring." He answered, laying against his demon companion. "Are you going to let my brother put his stink on you again?"

Y/n waited a moment before speaking, collecting his words. "Likely, with his high authority in the ranks, it's safe for him to do it. Other than it messing with him sometimes." He shrugged. "I kinda have to or I'll drag demons to the edge of the barrier around the school."

Amaimon stood up again and cracked his back. "If it messes with him, why don't you have Rin do it?"

"He's just a kid, and I'm not allowing him to do that. I'm not going to expose him, do you know the amount of shit I could end up dragging him through?" He let out a small 'oh'. Amaimon slowly inched closer, taking in small whiffs of the sweet smell.

"What if I do it? I'm already kind of on you from earlier." He suggested. Y/n looked at him as if he was stupid. "I don't have any authority here, I'm free to roam away from the people. It would be a smart idea." Y/n pinched the bridge of his nose and looked into the demon's bright blue eyes.

"I guess you're not wrong. But I'm not necessarily a fan. I'll have to talk to Mephy." He said, noticing how close the demon was. Y/n crossed his arms and watched as Amaimon's hand darted into his pocket and took another lollipop from him. "Hey! That's mine you ass!" Amaimon held it above his head and Y/n kept reaching for it.

"Seems like you can't reach." A smirk laid on his features. Y/n took ahold of the king's shoulder and jumped, pushing up on his shoulders for leverage, grabbing the candy back.

"I got it." He sneered. Amaimon just touched his shoulder and looked back at him. "Also, if you want something you ask nicely." Amaimon scoffed and grabbed another piece of candy from Y/n's desk. "Your high maintenance."

Amaimon shoved the candy in his mouth then plopped back onto the bed. "I'm not a pet." Y/n laughed.

"You sit when your told, dog." There was a moment of silence.

"I'm no dog."

"You follow my orders and have the brain of one."

"I am far more superior than you, human."

Y/n grinned wildly. "If your sp superior, prove it, mutt." Once again Amaimon stood up. He towered over Y/n, a small almost unnoticeable smile on his lips. His clawed hand began to move toward Y/n's neck. "Put your hand down."

He listened, oddly. He felt compelled to and felt woozy. Suddenly Amaimon looked a lot less intimidating and more sleepy. "Wha-"

"Go to Mephisto's office, and don't get caught." The demon nodded and crawled out the window. "Hm, let's see how long he can keep his annoying ass away."

~

Sorry for the delay.