Chapter 12: Breakfast!

The pan sizzled as Y/n flipped the pancake with ease. Amaimon watched him with great interest, how he did it with such accuracy stunned him.
"I want to try." He spoke and he was handed the pan.

"Just be careful." Y/n chirped, moving back to avoid being hit with it if he missed the pan. He shook it slightly, then raised the pan quickly the pancake was airborne, and it was not landing where it needed to go. It had landed right on the pointy part of his green hair and made him look like a pancake mountain. Y/n couldn't hold in his laughter.
"Oh my god, Amaimon. You almost had it."

The demon didn't quite enjoy being laughed at, his clawed hands snatched the food from his head and let it fall to the floor as well as setting the pan down. "Don't laugh at me."

Y/n snorted and grabbed Amaimon by the collar and lowered his head so he could get the remaining pieces of dough from his hair. "My bad, can't help it. A big angry demon that's older than time can't flip a pancake, it sounds funny no?"
Amaimon grumbled but didn't argue. Y/n patted his cheek. "There you go, you're all clean." He said with a cheery grin.

Amaimon felt his chest give off a weird feeling, it's happened before just not this bad. His cheek felt warm where Y/n had touched it, and he brought up his own hand to feel the area. Y/n had turned around to focus on getting the rest of their pancake finished so they could eat, so he didn't see Amaimon try and figure out what was going on with him.
"So, great king of earth. Tell me how this tastes." Y/n said, holding up a piece on a fork. Amaimon opened his mouth and ate it.

"I like it."

Y/n smiled. "Great! Some like it with syrup, so try this." He took a bottle of the sticky liquid and poured it on a small piece and held up the fork again, and like before he ate it. This made his eyes widen, it was sweet like he enjoyed all his food.

"I prefer it with syrup." He spoke, Y/n nodded and put some on the rest of the demon's pancakes. The plate was handed to him and he allowed Amaimon to dig in. Seeing Amaimon devour over three pancakes under five minutes was impressive, but he wasn't necessarily shocked.
Y/n had just sat down when Amaimon lifted its plate towards Y/n and pointed at it. "More?"

"Amaimon, you ate them all." Y/n sighed, starting on his own pancakes. "I can make some more later." Amaimon frowned.

"Y/n, are you up?" Rin's voice echoed from down the hall, Y/n tensed. His eyes darted towards Amaimon and he shooed at him. The demon took the hint and dove to a hiding spot.

"Yeah!"

"That's cool, whatcha make? Smells good in here. Or is it you?" Rin was now visible and walking into the kitchen.

"Pancakes, sorry I got carried away and ate them all." He apologized sheepishly, shoving more into his mouth. Rin laughed and tore a piece off one on his place and ate it. "Hey!-"

"Can't help myself! These are really good by the way."

Y/n smiled. "I'm glad you like them." Rin leaned down against the table right next to Y/n, their arms touching a little. "So is Yukio up too? Or did you magically wake up without his assistance?"
Rin made an offended face and gasped. His hand clutched where his heart would be and groaned.

"Do you have no hope for me? I can get myself up!"

"Mhmm, yeah. Of course, you can, demon boy." He mused, finishing off his food. With Rin in the room, Behemoth was not shy about his entrance. The demon dashed his way in and let out a loud growl as he plopped into his lap. Rn glared at him.