Chapter 11: Proof.

"You aren't a child anymore, why are you doing this?" Mephisto questioned, staring at the man laying along his lap. His hand rubbed his back as if maybe it would help get an understanding of what the hell he was doing.

Y/n stared at the floor. "I don't know, I'd rather be here with someone than be alone in my room."
Mephisto sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's the middle of the night, just tell me you can't sleep and you had a nightmare." Y/n flushed and turned his head slightly and glared at him. He raised his hands as a surrender. "My bad, but I'm not wrong, am I?"

"No, you aren't."

"Sit up properly so I can work too." He said quickly, and Y/n slid off and sat up properly and rested his head on the king's shoulder. He snapped his fingers and a blanket appeared from thin air and he used it to cover Y/n. "Some things never change with you."
He leaned forward slightly so he could still reach the paperwork on his desk to finish it. "How are you feeling?"

Y/n looked up at him and caught the bright green eyes looking back. "I'm tired." Mephisto rubbed circles on his back as he used to when Y/n was younger.

"Rest easy, I'm here to keep you safe." He spoke quietly as if soothing an upset child.

"Thank you, Samael."

His body tensed slightly, Mephisto took a moment and processed what Y/n said. It was rare when he spoke that name. "Is he too much?"

"He?"

"My brother."

"Amaimon? Sometimes, he gives me a headache but recently I've kinda enjoyed the company." He murmured, starting to get tired. "I don't feel so alone." Mephisto hummed and placed his pen on the table and held Y/n closer to him.

"You understand that he is now controlled by you? All that your powers allow you to do follow for him." This clicked something in Y/n's mind.

"We've been having dreams. That have a connection almost. He's told me before that I smell different when I'm having a dream, and it's just really odd. Do you know what could be going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like.. It's a newer version of ourselves, not human. And in the dreams, I think that we are closer. He's called me his king. It was weird." Like the world froze, Mephisto's eyes widened and he was put on pause. "I've been meaning to talk to you about this, I just forgot."

"When did this start?"

Y/n shrugged and shut his eyes. "I don't remember exactly, it wasn't that long ago."

An odd noise left Mephisto's mouth as he leaned back into the seat. "Well, let's talk more about this later."

The room was dark and too familiar to be comfortable with. Amaimon was unsure of what was happening. The sick feeling was back and he was not happy.

"Goodmorning, Amaimon." He's back. Amaimon cocked his head to the entrance of the room, finding the more angelic version of Y/n walking towards him. "You're dreaming again."