Chapter 3: An Old Friend.

"Don't wake me. "

~

Y/n woke up to Yukio tapping his shoulder.  Apparently he had slept until morning, which was odd. He never really got a good amount of sleep, so he felt pretty good. 

"Y/n, time to wake up. You gotta get ready for school." 

Y/n sat up and rubbed his eyes, realizing the mess the green-haired demon left. He let out a loud groan and he tossed the blankets of himself.

"That little..."

"That little? What are you talking about?" Yukio questioned, tilting his head to the side slightly. 

"It's nothing, I'll be ready in 15 minutes." Y/n grumbled, getting up. Yukio nodded and left the room. With that, Y/n got dressed and did his hair a little. After all that he went out into the hall and to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. He decided against eating breakfast, and met the twins outside the dorm. Rin looked completely out of it until he saw Y/n.

"Oh hey Y/n! How'd you sleep?" He asked as they walked, Y/n frowned slightly.

"Fine, I suppose. I'm not going to take regular school classes, so I'll be with Mephisto until cram school."

"Whaa? No fair!" Rin whined. Yukio laughed.

"He is older, so he's already had most of his education Rin." Yukio informed, Rin looked at Y/n.

"Wait, how old are you?"

Y/n turned slightly. "I'm 22." The twins both gasp.

"I thought you were a teenager, wow!" Rin exclaimed. They continued to have small talk until they went separate ways, them going to school, and Y/n going to Mephisto's office. The walk was pretty boring, which wasn't necessarily surprising. Walking down long halls wasn't something anyone would do for fun. Once Y/n reached the office he just walked in, and plopped down on one of the plush chairs.

"Good morning, Y/n dear." Mephisto chirped, sending Y/n a grin. "How was your company yesterday?" Y/n's brows furrowed and his eyes glared at the ceiling. 

"He made a mess, not to mention he's trying to ruin my life." Y/n grumbled, Mephisto chuckled. 

"I apologize, he's quite the handful. I think it would be nice for you to get to know him, seeing as you have connections..." 

Y/n turned to him. "What do you mean? Connections?" 

"You don't remember? Hm, that's odd. He's the only thing that would calm you down when you were younger." Y/n sat there, his confusion very apparent. Never in his life has he used Amaimon to calm himself down. He continued to think, until it clicked. 

"Behemoth, I remember now!" Y/n shifted a little, he stared at Mephisto and a shocked expression took over his face. "So that's what you meant..!" 

~

Y/n sat on the grass in the backyard, facing the forest behind it. His eyes stared back into the small dull ones of a demon, which sat at the edge of the forest. The five year old, waved slightly, which caught the demon's attention. The demon slowly shuffled over to Y/n and placed itself in the child's lap, and began to lick his face. Y/n giggled and gently pet it.