Chapter 5

-Y/n's pov-

    "After the dust-up you had with them yesterday, this is probably obvious, but Company 5 can't be trusted. We're looking into their affairs, and it could come to blows." Captain Obi said, "That's impressive, sir. Is this a new training regime you've come up with or some kind of performance art?" Shinra asked while Captin Obi was doing- uhhh well he was doing something with a bunch of wights.

    "Hinawa!" Captain Obi called to him. "Recall that our primary objective is to protect people by fighting Infernals and putting them to rest. However, we can't forget that the 8th has a hidden objective: To investigate suspicious crew members within other companies and oppose the ones guilty of misconduct. It's just as the captain said..." Hinawa said but I was losing to the rest. You see I was mainly distracted by his cap and I could tell Shinra was too.

    "...Company 5 lies squarely..." was what else I could make out of everything he was saying since I was listening to what Arthur was saying. "More of those wretched griffins. Come to attack my castle again, eh? Someday you'll be rust on Excalibur's blade." Arthur said. "Do you even understand how your blade works?" Shinra asked. "Yeah, how about you put a lid on that knightly temper of yours and leave those adorable 'griffins' alone? There are wildlife protection laws for a reason, ya know." Maki said

    Even though I was listening to their conversation I was still looking forward so it seemed that I was paying attention to what Hinawa was saying. "It's kinda funny hearing you tell someone else to control their temper." Shinra told her. "You have a point. Ninety percent of the time. Maki's just as cool-headed as she is beautiful. It's a real shame about the other ten percent." Iris said.

    "I'm trying, okay?" Maki said but then Hinawa took out his gun. "No idle chatter. We're in the middle of an important meeting here. Shunt your mouths and focus." Hinawa said as he pointed his gun at them. "Hey, Lieutenant, I know you're kidding, but could you please not point your gun at us?" Shinra said as he had his hand up. By that time Iris, Maki, and I had moved over to where Captian Obi was while Arthur was still trying to get the birds. Which meant that only Shinra had the gun pointed at him.

    "What the hell made you think I was kidding?" Hinawa said as he shot Shinra on the leg. No, I knew about Hinawa's abilities so I wasn't that worried about Shinra. But it still must hurt though. "Somebody get a doctor! My leg! It hurts! Huh? Less than it should, though. No way. An airgun?" Shinra asked as he faced Hinawa.

    "No. It's very real," he responded. "Lieutenant Hinawa is a second-generation Fire Soldier, the same as I am. So he can't create fires, but he is able to control them once they ignite. He weakened the gunpowder's explosion so the bullet would hit you with non-lethal force." Maki explained.

    "Fire Soldiers are versatile. Hard to predict. Unlike the Infernals, we fight, humans all sorts of tactics. You should all keep your wits about you when you fight them. Excepting Arthur, of course, since he has none." Hinawa said as he looked towards Arthur's direction. "Perhaps I'll get some when I slay this dragon," Arthur said. "You've got quite the imagination, don't you?" Shinra asked. "Your training begins now. I'll drill you punks into the floor." Hinawa said. And training is what we did Arthur was fighting with Maki while Shinra was talking with Hinawa. While I was eating my fucking tacos.

~𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮~

*sigh* hmmm how long has it been since- "Hey, quick question. Do you know if something's going on with the Sister?" "What's that? The princess has names me commander of the order?" "Guess that dumb imagination of yours runs 24/7, doesn't it?" "So what's the deal? You think the princess is in peril?" "Will you please stop calling the Sister a princess? For real. You stopped with Maki and Y/n." "That because Y/n is a queen while Maki's an ogress--"

    Then Maki came in on cut-out their talk. "Hey, you guys awake?" and just as she said that Shinra fell down and Arthur pretended to snore. "Good evening. Maki. What's up?" Shinra asked. I thought it was just gonna be Maki scolding them about being awake but it wasn't until Shinra threw my uniform on me and said that Iris was missing.

    I quickie put it on put just as I was about to leave to get to the 5th (cause apparently that was where Iris was) Shinra grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes. Then he flew us to the 5th where we made our "big" entrance. "Who the hell are you?" someone asked. "We are heroes, of course. But specifically, We're part of Company 8th. But you can call me Save-Sister-Iris-by-Crushing-the-5th-Man.

               Shinra, Arthur, and I were assigned to look for Iris. Well it was mainly Me and Shinra seeing as how Arthur stayed behind a bit to fight off the rest."Here we go." Shinra said as we were in front of our location.