Broken

I STARE AT MY SNICKERDOODLE CREAM CHEESE APPLE PIE, compliments of Owen Samuels

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I STARE AT MY SNICKERDOODLE CREAM CHEESE APPLE PIE, compliments of Owen Samuels. I'm still savoring in my win as I make googly eyes at my pie and sigh happily to myself, completely content.

"I swear your one true love is food." Am sits down in the stool smiling.

Owen brought me home and I'm delighted knowing I'll see him at dinner. There's nothing that can bring me down. "My mom made you some kind of special salad for tonight."

Am beams at that. "Really? Your mom may be a pain, but she's the best cook."

I walk over to grab my purse and fix my long grey maxi dress. Mom thought it would be a good idea to hide my leg...

Am watches me and a knowing look passes in her eyes. "I'll bring you some extra clothes to change into at your mom's." She comes over and takes out a piece of dirt from my hair "Why are you doing this again? I'm shocked, especially with how you and Owen were all over each other today."

I smile like an idiot. It's like it's permanently tattooed on my face. "Mom promised me if I go on this one, it will be the last. I don't know what's going on between Owen and I, but I think this is my chance Am. I think he's seriously interested in me."

Am's eyes warm. "It's not a chance Buttercup, it's going to happen. I've always known it."

I cock a brow at her. "Is that why you've never set me up on dates."

She tilts her head looking flawless. "Why send you men, when Owen was bound to come back for you."

I start looking for my keys in my purse as I ask the question that's been plaguing my mind for years. "What about you?"

When I peek up I see her face fall. "I'm good with my single life. I have work to keep me busy... and you." She ends with a smile. "Now you better get going or else you'll be late."

"At least I won't get pulled over by Owen this time."

She pushes me out the door with a strict expression plastered on her face. "Please Harp, no more tickets."

I give her a salute as she shuts the door. Laughing I head out and drive to the dumb date happily. I walk in the little café and look around for a guy in some blue shirt and grey slacks. My eyes stop on a man by a window. He has nicely styled brown hair and brown eyes, but all I can think about is getting this over with.

I try to walk over there smoothly but my leg is killing me from the game so I resort to limping the rest of the way to him. He turns indignant eyes on me and I halt. He stands and shoves his seat away.

"Harper Collins?" The obviously annoyed expression on his face makes me want to say no and walk out or smash his face in.

Last one girl, last one.

I put on a fake smile. "Yes and you're Brandon."

His jaw clenches. "So the gimp arrives. I was hoping you'd at least be a looker."

...And He's Back (Book One, Breaking Open Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें