BREATH MINTS & BATTLE SCARS

Breath Mints and Battle Scars by Onyx and Elm, originally on ff.net

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13008307/1/Breath-Mints-Battle-Scars

Plot- 9/10

Readability- 10/10

Smut- 8/10

Banter- 6/10

TikTok breaks- 7/10

Slow Burn- 7/10

Overall- 9/10

Do I recommend? YES

Summary:

Voldemort lost the Battle of Hogwarts, and the seventh years are given an extra year to catch up on their education. As a barely defected death eater, Draco is put on probation and is allowed to attend his eighth year. He is given a journal to answer prompts that the ministry provides for him in order to track his progress. He loses hope of his future until Hermione comes along, changing his perception of what he previously thought to be an apathetic life. All the while, a few aurors seek to punish all death eaters, including the innocent.

Review:

BM/BS is another fic I would recommend to anyone into Dramione. Like Isolation, it is completely unique and has beautiful writing, making it feel like a novel rather than fanfiction. I would say Draco is definitely more damaged in this fic compared to Isolation, but that's because he's already lost everything and only realizes his potential after the fact. I'd say this is a standard slow burn (still a little too quick for my taste), but DAMN the smut is good. I had to take a good amount of TikTok breaks, especially for one scene (y'all probably know which one it is LMAO). Draco's also quite funny in this one due to his heavy use of sarcasm and self-deprecation. BM/BS is definitely a standout, and y'all should definitely give it a read if you haven't already!