THE MUDBLOOD

The Mudblood by kirstenkrueger, originally on Quotev (link is to Wattpad)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/62616897-the-mudblood

ALTERNATE ENDING: https://www.quotev.com/story/10259838/The-Mudblood-One-Shots/21

Plot- 9/10

Readability- 10/10

Smut- 1/10 (LITTLE TO NONE)

Banter- 9/10

TikTok breaks- 6/10

Slow Burn- 10/10

Overall: 9/10

Do I recommend? YES

Summary by kirstenkrueger:

    Her Muggle brothers never thought anything odd of Lainey Fitzroy until finding out that she's a witch at age eleven. Determined to learn and succeed, Lainey goes to Hogwarts, where she meets an array of life changing people, like the famous Harry Potter, the notorious Draco Malfoy, and the ever-faithful Ginny Weasley. Lainey has a few secrets, though, some she doesn't even know about, along with a plethora of decisions to make as her years pass at Hogwarts.

Review:

    Some of y'all may be surprised to see this fic on my list, as it... well... it's not Draco endgame. HOWEVER, this should not stop you from reading this 3,000 page fic spanning year two, (year three for the golden trio and Draco) to the aftermath of the Battle of Hogwarts, in all its glory. The Mudblood is definitely more rom-com-esque rather than serious when it comes to romance, as most Drainey moments are humorous. Lainey is also involved with Fred for like half of the book. If I were to compare The Mudblood to Twilight, I think Fred would be Edward and Draco would be Jacob, due to the lack of an understanding when it comes to consent for Draco. Draco's a little bitch. Honestly, the banter that kirsten produced with both the old characters and the new characters she created (I Love You Ryan Harper <3) was what kept me going. That along with the heavy amounts of angst and tension between Lainey and Draco. Next time I read, I need to keep a count of the amount of times Draco pushed Lainey up against a wall, because gottdamn that happened a lot. Lainey Fitzroy is honestly a great oc, which is hard to come by in Draco fics. That's why The Mudblood is one of the only non-Dramione fics on my list. She stands up to Draco, but she is by no means a pick-me girl. As I previously mentioned, Lainey and Draco in the original fic is not endgame. HOWEVER,,, due to the many heartbroken Drainey shippers, Kirsten graciously posted an alternate ending on her Quotev in which the two are actually endgame (I included the link). It picks up in the middle of the second to last chapter. If I'm being completely honest, I only read the alternate ending and completely ignored the actual last chapter. I would read it, but I don't want my heart broken. Also, there isn't actually any smut in this fic, so if that's what you're looking for, this isn't for you. I would say that if you're looking for a fun read filled with banter and teen angst, look no further.