MANACLED

Manacled by senlinyu, originally on ao3

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14454174/chapters/33390198

Plot- 9/10

Readability- 10/10

Smut- 10/10

Banter- 5/10

TikTok breaks- 9/10

Slow Burn- 9/10

Overall- 10/10

Do I recommend? YES

Summary by senlinyu:

Harry Potter is dead. In the aftermath of the war, in order to strengthen the might of the magical world, Voldemort enacts a repopulation effort. Hermione Granger has an Order secret, lost but hidden in her mind, so she is sent as an enslaved surrogate to the High Reeve until her mind can be cracked.

Review:

WHEW CHILE. Manacled is honestly a masterpiece. It is quite dark, so if you're looking for fluff, this is not the read for you. This fic is split into three parts, and I honestly thought that the first part was going to be unmatched until I read the second part and my expectations were blown out of the water. Senlinyu masters the art of slow burns with her rendition of D and H so effortlessly that you would think they were her original characters. I found myself being absolutely amazed at the amount of foreshadowing and reveals that were packed into this fic, hence the high amount of Tiktok breaks. And the ending. Dear god. I'm literally tearing up just thinking about it. Honestly if you want to read Manacled, prepare yourself for the magnum opus of Dramiones. It's truly an epic story that will break your heart and put it back together just to crush it over and over again. My only critique is that the transition from the second part to the third part is quite jarring, and some of my questions from the first part went unanswered. It was also honestly hard to read at some points because of Hermione's mental blocks. But that's just my opinion. No matter what, it is a must read!