CRUEL AND BEAUTIFUL WORLD

Cruel and Beautiful World by Lena Phoria, originally on ao3 (link is to Wattpad)

https://www.wattpad.com/975357903-cruel-and-beautiful-world-because%0D

UPDATED WORKING LINK 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/29357976/chapters/72114747

Plot- 8/10

Readability- 10/10

Smut- 7/10

Banter- 8/10

TikTok breaks- 8/10

Slow Burn- 4/10

Overall: 9/10

Do I recommend? YES

Summary by Lena Phoria:

After years of captivity, Hermione Granger fights her way onto the streets of Voldemort's London with only the knife in her pocket and the blood on her hands. There's a checkpoint on every corner, a curfew enforced by Voldemort's most trusted followers, and the only way back to the Boy Who Lived is through the Death Eater responsible for her capture in the first place.

Review:

CABW is without a doubt one of my favorite Dramiones. I know I said I'm a sloooow burn gal, but I honestly didn't mind that things moved kinda quickly. I'm pretty sure that this fic made me cry the most (like I was sobbing fr fr), but I think that's because I binged it until 2 AM and I got really attached to all of the characters. Lena was able to incorporate original characters as well as characters from the books that we barely knew into the story, which made it feel like an independent novel. I really like the dynamic D and H have in this one, which is weird because I usually like more angst. I think the way that Lena kind of turned it into a funny aspect (oh they're fighting again, and now they're making out) was a good way to keep us updated on them while also making room to drive the plot. The climax of the story was quite epic, and I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say it was a satisfying full circle kind of ending. I know a good amount of people who stopped reading halfway through, but I would say push through because it gets better!