||Prologue||

Midoriya Izuku and his younger sister, Midoriya (Y/N) watched with awe as the muscly Hero saved everyone in the disaster

Midoriya Izuku and his younger sister, Midoriya (Y/N) watched with awe as the muscly Hero saved everyone in the disaster. They watched with wide eyes as the man kept coming back with rescued people- ignoring the injuries he had. Their mother was behind them, watching with nervousness at the scene in the video. She turned to look at her children, putting her hands on their heads.

"Are you two sure you want to watch this? It's kind of scary..." The boy shook his head and grinned widely while the girl smiled softly.

"It's not scary! It's awesome!!" The little girl nodded and looked at her mother. "It's cool to see him in action. Mama!"

The woman smiled gently at the girl and gave a soft sigh. "Alright..." She said in an unsure tone. "Just don't come to me if you have nightmares~" The children froze and slowly turned their heads to the woman. She smiled and walked away, leaving a teary eyed little girl and a shaking little boy.

"Mama!!" The little girl was the first to move out of her seat. She jumped down and rushed to the woman. "I don't wanna have nightmares!!" The little boy followed after her, seconds later.

"H-Hold on-Don't leave me here alone, (Y/N)!"

The little boy ran over with a scared look. "Okaa-san! (Y/N)!"

The two children ran into their mother's arms, smiling when the woman hugged them tighter. "My children are so adorable! What am I going to do with you two?" The girl giggled and looked up at her mother with a grin. "Play with us!"

The little boy next to her nodded and cheered. "Yeah! Play with us, Okaa-san!" The woman smiled and patted their heads. "Alright! Lets play heroes!!"

The little girl whined a bit. "Why do we have to play heroes? I wanna play princesses!"

The little boy grinned. "Because Heroes are better than princesses! They're cooler!" The little girl pouted. "I like princesses though! I don't wanna play heroes again!"

Their mother laughed lightly, picking the girl up and spinning her around. "You'll be a Princess Hero then! Izuku can be your partner!"

Izuku nodded and beamed up at his little sister. "Yeah! You can be my sidekick! We'll be unstoppable!!"

(Y/N) pouted, not wanting to play that game. Oh well... "I guess I'll play...."

The little girl crossed her arms as she was set down on the ground. Her mother and brother smiled at her, taking her hands and starting the game. 

____________________

The children ran around the playground, laughing and smiling together. (Y/N) shyly hid behind her brother as he walked up to a boy with spiky ash blonde hair. "Kacchan!"

The blonde haired boy looked up with a smile. "Izuku! (Y/N)!" He ran over to them. "You're just in time! Everyone's going to play heroes!"

The little girl pouted from behind her older brother. "...Why can't we play prince and princes...?" The two boys heard her and turned to each other with grins. "Then you can be the princess! We, the heroes- will save you from the villain!!"

The two boys posed, making the little girl giggle softly. She nodded excitedly and ran off with their other friends. "Alright!"

She was at the top of the play house, next to the slides. "Please save me Heroes! These villains captured me!" A three boys were at the bottom, guarding the 'Princess'. The two boys playing hero smiled and ran towards them. "Have no fear! We're here to save you, Princess!"

The adults watching laughed at how cute they were being. They watched with warm eyes as they play fought and saved the little girl. She gave both boys a kiss on the cheek for their help, making them both blush. "Oh thank you for saving me!"

The little girl giggled...

If only it would have lasted.

____________________

"Mama...? Izuku and I haven't gotten our quirks yet..."

Midoriya Inko looked down at her crying children, her heart breaking at their looks. (Y/N) was holding Izuku's hand tightly, her brows furrowed. Izuku was looking down at the floor, his tears hitting the ground silently. The woman didn't- couldn't- say anything. She just watched as her children cried.

"...It's alright..." The woman hated her words. "You'll get them soon..."

It was a lie and Inko sure knew that. She just couldn't take that dream away from them... not her.

"You'll be wonderful heroes..."

At least one of them would be.

"You're children are quirkless."

That sentence ended every bit of hope for Izuku. (Y/N) on the other hand had already accepted that she would not have a quirk. She was, after all, the only one in her class that didn't have her quirk. Izuku was the same, but it was worse for him. The boy desperately wanted to become a hero- Someone like All Might. In the girl's opinion, she would have wanted to surpass him and become her own hero, not someone else.

(Y/N) knew right away- She and Izuku were going to go through a lot of pain in their life. She wished- she prayed- their life would have their little happy moments.

She could only imagine...

The pain that they had to go through, just made the girl loose her faith in heroes and society.