chapter 3: cold feet

chapter 3:
cold feet

Luffy and Law were going to meet up for their first "date." It wasn't really a date, more like showing the media what they want. They weren't going to wear disguises, they were going to show the public they were dating.

Law spotted Luffy, he was wearing a kawaii clothing summer short sleeve A-line dress. It was baby blue colored as he wore white frilly stockings, he had a blue bow clip in his hair. He was really cute, Law blushed as he walked up to him.

Law shook his head, he wasn't gay. He was straight, he liked girls. He thinks Luffy is cute because he looks like a girl, Luffy is a guy, Luffy is a guy...

"Hey... Luffy." Law smiled.

"Oh Law!" Luffy jumped into his arms he whispered in his ear, "I saw a guy with a camera, I bet he's taking photos of us so just act."

Law nodded and kissed Luffy on the forehead. They're just doing this for views, it's not like they're going to actually fall in love. Law wanted to help Luffy start off his youtube channel and grow.

It seems like Luffy needed the money as well. Law saw how stiff Luffy was when he talked about his brother. There must be something going on, but Law wasn't about to pry in Luffy's personal life.

They held hands as they walked along the boardwalk. They were planning just to go to the pier, maybe get some food and ride the Ferris wheel. Luffy smiled as people gazed at them, Law was famous and Luffy was starting to get attention as well so of course, people were going to stare at the new hot couple on media.

"C-Can I get both of your autographs?" A few teenage girls walked up to both of them.

"Sure!" Luffy smiled and grabbed the pen.

He wrote down his name and handed Law the notepad. Law scribbled down his signature and gave it back to the girl. The group giggled and jumped around. Luffy was so happy that they wanted their autograph, he's never got this type of attention before.

"Could we take a photo with you guys as well?" The girl asked.

"Look me and my girlfriend are on a date right now," Law put his arm around Luffy, "Please don't interfere."

"Don't worry Law, it's just a photo." Luffy shrugged.

They took a photo with the group and watched as the left giggling. Luffy smiled and walked with Law. He can tell Law's mood was ruined by the serious look on his face. Luffy pouted, he quite liked making people happy. He liked being someone's idol and having people look up to him.

"Hey what's the big deal?" Luffy nudged Law.

"I just hate socializing," Law said.

"What? How? You have a youtube channel." Luffy laughed softly.

Law sighed, "I talk online not... in real life. It's more easier to talk to people on a screen rather than in person."

"Well, I quite love talking to people. I like helping others." Luffy held Law's hand.

"Tch, I don't." Law scoffed.

"Then why are you helping me?" Luffy asked.

Law paused, "You... seem like you need the help."

"So do you think I'm poor? I have depression?" Luffy asked.

"No, no. I just want to help you." Law shrugged, not knowing how to reply.

"Let's go get some food!" Luffy dragged him.

They entered the pier, it was full of food booths and noise. Law glared at how many people there were, he was never good at socializing which is why he hates it so much. Luffy on the other hand was amazed and so happy. Seagulls flew in the air while noise and laughter were heard from every corner.