chapter 7: tired

chapter 7:
tired

"Can... we meet up?" Luffy softly said over the phone.

Law yawned, "Why? It's early."

"I'm sorry, I'm working at my job right now so I didn't realize the time," Luffy mumbled.

Law frowned, "You're working right now? It's three in the morning. I thought your whole Youtube channel paid for all your bills."

"It pays for my brother's hospital bills, the job I'm working at is for my rent, clothes, and y'know food," Luffy explained.

"Oh..." Law paused.

It was early in the morning and Law had just woken up to the phone ringing. He didn't know how to respond to Luffy. Law had everything, he was healthy, rich, successful. Everything Luffy is not, he felt like he didn't have a right to say anything.

It's like telling a poor person everything is okay while living in a mansion with servants and a dog. The only reason why everything is okay is that Law is rich, he doesn't have to worry about anything.

Luffy on the other hand doesn't want Law to help him. He could do things on his own, despite how hard it can get. He doesn't want to owe anything to Law so this is the best way. Once he starts making loads of money off of Youtube, he'll payback Law for all the dates he had to go on with him.

"Anyways, I'd like for you to meet my brother." Luffy smiled.

"Oh really? That would be quite nice." Law softly grinned.

"Can we meet up maybe at lunch? Even though it's a couple of hours away." Luffy played with his hair.

"Um yeah sure, lunch sounds good. Maybe we can buy some food, on me." Law offered.

Luffy blushed, can Law stop being so cute?! He twirled his hair even more while holding the phone against his ear. His cheeks were tinted pink as he leaned against the counter.

"I-I don't want to owe you anything or take up your time." Luffy stuttered.

Law shrugged, "It's alright, I like hanging out with you."

Luffy's face redden, "Really?... You like being with me?"

"I-I mean as a friend! Y-Yeah just as friends!" Law blushed.

Luffy giggled, "Okay I actually have to go now."

"I-I'll see you at lunch," Law smirked.

"See you..." Luffy smiled and hung up.

He sighed and blushed as he leaned against the wall. His heart racing while his pulse pounded. That just happened, Luffy basically had a gay panic right now. Nami chuckled at Luffy's dreamy face.

"What's the problem lover boy?" Nami teased.

"Hey! You're one to talk lesbian." Luffy blushed.

"Damn! How'd you know?" She asked.

"Vivi was asking for you earlier, I told her you weren't here yet." Luffy smiled and started to clean the dishes.

"Shit! Should've come in earlier." Nami sighed, "So who's the new boy your crushing on?"

"O-Oh he's..." Luffy paused, "Really special to me."

"Lil Lu has a tiny crush!" Nami poked Luffy.

He slapped her hands away, "Hey stop poking!"

"So what's his name? Is he hot? Is he tall? Is he rich? Is he—"

"He's straight Nami." Luffy cut her off, now with a frown on his face.