chapter 11: true man

chapter 11:
true man

Luffy sighed as he walked home. Well back to Law's place. He nervously clutched the strap of his bag. The town sure was sketchy and intimidating. He gulped as his legs trembled a little. The dark alleys, twilight night, and the sounds of people getting beat up.

He started to speed walk, at least until he reaches the end of this town. He heard a few footsteps behind him. This was the perfect day to leave his self-defense kit he had. He bought it a few weeks ago since people think he's a girl.

Some men started to follow him now, he rolled his eyes and sped up. They followed, do they not get a hint that he was a boy. He grumbled and tried to speed up until one of the guys grabbed his waist.

"Where are you going cutie?" The stranger smirked.

"Please let go." He snapped.

"Why should I, me and my friends want to have some fun." He started to unzip his hoodie.

Luffy hit the guy in the gut, "Don't touch me!"

The other guys ran over to Luffy and started grabbing his wrists and holding down his legs. Luffy tried squirming out, but he had no muscles whatsoever. He groaned and whimpered as the guys held him.

"Get the hell away!" He shouted.

"Now that's no way to treat a man—"

A tall well-built figure punched him in the face. He was wearing a leather jacket, but it was too dark to see who it was. Without a warning, all the guys were beat up. Luffy heard their bodies drop to the ground. He gasped and slowly backed up, he was now free.

But is this mystery guy going to hurt him?

"Come on, let's go!" The man grabbed his wrist and dragged him down the street.

Luffy gasped as he followed, they ran a few blocks down. They stopped by a diner, Luffy panted and rested against the brick wall. The good news is that they're probably away from those horrible guys.

"Thanks for saving me..." Luffy began to pause.

When the figure stepped into the streetlight, it was Eustass Kidd.

"You..." Luffy stepped back.

"Shocking, right?" He chuckled.

"What are you doing?" Luffy snapped, "You tried to take away my followers!"

"Hey, I saved you. Don't you think I deserve a little something?" He asked.

Luffy glared and looked at the diner next to them, "I'll buy you dinner. That's it."

"Sounds good with me," Eustass smirked.

***

Luffy nibbled at his chocolate chip pancakes. Eustass silently ate his bacon egg and cheese sandwich. This was so damn awkward. Luffy was sitting with the man that tried to ruin his career.

He sighed and tried to eat fast so he can leave. If he can leave then this whole awkwardness will be over. Luffy deeply wanted to punch this guy in the face after what he did. Eustass noticed his awkwardness.

"I saw the little Livestream you did." Eustass sighed.

"Yeah, so what?" Luffy glared.

"You're a very clever young woman Luffy." He smirked, "Or should I say, young man?"

"You can say, young woman." Luffy sneered, "Just stay away from me."

"Why? I saved you didn't I?" He argued, "You would've been dead or raped if I wasn't there."