Chapter 8

"Lina are you alright?"

I pulled myself from my thoughts to look up at Jin, who was sitting on the couch across from me. Jimin was passed out in his lap, a small smile on his face.

"Yeah sorry, just thinking about all of this. Jungkook's been avoiding me right?" I asked, knowing the answer to my question. Since the day I killed Ryland, Jungkook has been very obviously avoiding me.

"Avoiding is a stretch. I'd say it's more like he's trying not to get involved," Jin said with a smile, reaching out and brushing the hair away from Jimin's face. "He's cleared you of being a snake but he doesn't trust you for his own reasons. You just have to let him come to you."

I pursed my lips, clasping my hands together in my lap just as Taehyung popped his head into the living room.

"Jungkook asked me to find you, Na. He said he wants to talk to you. He's in his room," Tae said as he made his way into the room. He playfully ruffled Jimin's hair which made him wake up.

I got to my feet, smiling at Jimin as I moved to leave the room. What could Jungkook possibly want to talk to me about? Maybe another hit or something?

I pushed all thoughts aside as I made my way upstairs. Once I reached his room, I knocked lightly on the door before pushing it open. "Um, Tae said you needed to talk to me?"

As I made my way into the room, I lifted my head and met the eyes of a shirtless Jungkook. My cheeks instantly flushed as my eyes raked over his ink covered chest and arms. His tattoos were beautiful, each one seeming to lead into the next.

"My eyes are up here," he said with a snicker, making my face turn redder as I cleared my throat and pulled my eyes off his chest. "And yes, I thought we should talk about your future here with us. That is, if you plan on staying long term."

He gestured to a chair across the room and I quickly shuffled over to sit down. He sighed heavily, clasping his hands together and looking up at me.

"You know, I really want to trust you. You've given me no reason to suspect you of foul play but there's a feeling in my gut that I can't ignore," there was a hint of frustration in his voice, but it was written nowhere on his face. "I feel like if you do this last thing for me, it'll help me begin to trust you. Can you do that?"

"You haven't said what it is, but I do want your trust so," I said quickly, crossing my legs and trying my hardest not to look at his chest.

He took in a deep breath and moved to grab something out of his dresser drawer. When he pulled it out, I all too quickly recognized the device as a lie detector.

Well shit.

"I know everyone says they don't really work but to me, this is the only way I can trust you. I'm the only one who knows how to read a lie detector," Jungkook said, getting to his feet and moving towards me. "If even the slightest hint of a lie shows up on here, I'm putting a bullet through your skull myself. So tell me now if there's something I should know."

How can I successfully lie on a lie detector?

"Hook me up, I told you I've got nothing to hide," I said confidently, concentrating on keeping my breathing normal. Jungkook just scoffed at my confident attitude before starting to attach the lie detector to me. "I hope this changes your view of me, because I really want to be close to you."

He froze, and I mentally face palmed myself for saying something so stupidly cheesy. "N-Not like that. Just friends. I mean I'm not opposed to anything more. B-But I'm not implying--"

"You really don't know when to shut up do you?" Jungkook sighed, moving to kneel down beside me. He was holding the reader in his hand and looking up at me. "I'm gonna ask you some questions. Nothing too crazy, but if this detects even one lie I have my gun tucked under this chair."

I swallowed hard, nodding my head and closing my eyes.

"Is Lina Kim your real name?" Jungkook asked, his eyes fixated on the reader in his hand.

"No," I answered honestly, avoiding the risk of telling a lie. "I mean Lina is my first name but Kim is a fake surname. I use it to protect myself."

Not completely true, and not completely a lie either.

"I'll choose not to ask for your surname for the sake of your safety," Jungkook mumbled, still not lifting his eyes off the reader. "Next question. Are you or have you ever been in the FBI?"

"Yes, but don't kill me just yet let me explain," I said quickly, my eyes trained on his hands to see if they moved. "Remember how I said I have a sister? Since we're twins I've pretended to be her and work as an FBI agent."

I silently prayed the device wouldn't pick up my partial lie again, but since Jungkook wasn't reaching for his gun I assumed I was in the clear.

"Last question, this one is a little harder," Jungkook mumbled, his eyes shifting to the gun under my chair. "Do you...do you have feelings for me?"

Huh?

"No?" I said, answering it as more of a question versus a statement. I saw Jungkook's expression change as a smile began to form on his lips.

"Liar," he chuckled, shaking his head as he set the detector down and lifted his eyes to meet mine. "Now what are we going to do with you? I said I'd kill you if you lied."

"B-But I didn't lie!!" I sputtered, my heart starting to race in fear. "Check it again. It must be broken or--"

Jungkook slammed his hand down on the wall beside my head, leaning in close to my face. My face flushed again as I leaned back a little bit.

"Fine, I'll ask you again," his tongue glazed across his bottom lip as he lifted his eyes to meet mine again. "Are you really going to sit here and tell me you don't feel anything for me? Your face and body language give you away."

My words were lodged in my throat as I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. I didn't know where to look, too scared to look into his eyes but terrified to look at his lips.

"Lina, come on look at me," he reached out with his other hand to grab my chin and force my eyes to meet his. "Be honest with yourself. Don't make me angry or upset. I'll be honest, I started feeling something towards you after the robbery."

Huh?!

"T-That makes n-no sense," I whispered, squealing softly when he leaned in a bit closer. "Can you b-back up?"

"Something tells me you don't actually want me to back up, princess," his eyes were fixated on my lips, making me squirm a little in anticipation. "Stop me now and we can pretend this never happened."

Maybe it was because he was so close, or that he was shirtless and there was an obvious tension between us. Or maybe it was the idea that he had caught me in a supposed lie and I was afraid for my life.

Whatever it was, it made me grab both sides of his face and pull his lips to mine. He tensed up for a moment, before I felt his hands caress my cheeks and deepen the kiss.

I pulled away first, covering my mouth in surprise and staring at Jungkook to see his reaction.

He chuckled to himself, lifting his eyes to meet mine as he licked his lips. The action made me blush harder and earned a small laughter from him.

"The question remains though," he said in a now husky voice, his hands moving up my thighs and making me shiver. "What are we going to do with you?"

That was a great question, but for a whole different reason.

What the hell had I done?