Chapter 6

I was trying my best not to let the stress and fear show on my face as I shifted uneasily in the deadly silent car.

Tae had helped me find something to wear to the meeting that would let the FBI know we weren't trying anything slick. My hair was tied up in a tight bun on top of my head and I was wearing a tight white crop top with a pair of black leggings.

I didn't understand why everyone was so quiet. Even Jimin, who would usually laugh and giggle all the time, was silent. I cleared my throat and opened my mouth to say something only for Namjoon to cut me a harsh glare that caused me to choke on my words.

Jin took an abrupt turn off road, and I lost my balance and found myself in Hoseok's lap, my chest basically in his face. He stared wide-eyed at me, his eyes glancing down and examining the fair amount of cleavage I was showing.

I quickly moved off of him, feeling my face heat up as he cleared his throat. The car finally came to a stop and Jungkook sighed, turning to look at us with weary eyes. "Remember what we talked about. Nobody speaks except for me unless spoken to, understood?"

We all nodded our heads and he gestured to the back door. I let the others out before me, and as I moved to exit the van, Jungkook grabbed my wrist.

"Remember this is also a test for you too, princess. I still don't trust you completely," he reminded me, as if I hadn't been thinking about it the entire car ride. He stepped out before me, turning to offer me his hand. I sighed, letting my hand slide inside his as I jumped out the car.

I looked up and met my Chief's eyes and immediately looked away. How was I supposed to do this?

Jungkook dragged me along, still holding my hand as he brushed past the others to drag us both to the front. I gulped as I quickly met the eyes of my coworkers, and feeling my heart drop when I saw Yariel.

However, he didn't seem to realize it was me as he cleared his throat.

"It's an honor to meet with you, Bangtan Boys," he loudly stated and I mentally rolled my eyes. "I see you've added a new addition to your team, yes? A female?"

"Cut to the chase or we're leaving," Jungkook calmly responded, his hand still holding mine. I gently pulled away from him and he crossed his arms. "Why did you call us out here?"

"We have a situation," Yariel said, reaching behind him and pulling out a file. "Someone has it out for me, and it seems that someone knows I'm not dead. We'll be needing you to gather information on said person and take them out."

"We are not suggesting murder, Yariel," the Chief sighed, shaking his head as his eyes met mine. "We're merely suggesting to gather information and report back to us with what you find. Then we'll go from there."

He's hinting at you, Lina.

I blinked in response, shaking my head ever so slightly to let him know I hadn't found anything useful.

Jungkook suddenly laughed, shaking his head. "We're not spies, agent. We're a gang. We don't do other peoples dirty work without a price."

"$500,000,"

We both jerked our heads up at the mention of the money. Half a million dollars just to gain info? There had to be a catch. Of course there was, the FBI never do anything honestly.

"H-half a million dollars?!" I heard Yoongi hiss, and Jungkook cut his eyes back at him. He turned his attention back to the Chief, crossing his arms and tilting his head to the side.

"Can we up the price? Half a million is...below our budget. I'm sure you can muster up more than that, you're the FBI after all," Jungkook smirked, tapping his index finger against his arm. I glanced back over at my team, swallowing hard as I waited for a response.