Chapter 4

"Excuse me what?!"

Jungkook sighed for the 4th time as he pinched his nose. Hoseok and Yoongi had smug expressions on their faces and Taehyung was also pinching the bridge of his nose. Jin was driving and Jimin was smiling widely from the front seat.

"Because you're new, I'll cut you some slack with not understanding," Jungkook groaned, shaking his head before pointing down at the map of the bank on the ground. "Jin and Jimin will wait in the back of the building for us here-" he pointed to a red x on the map and I nodded. "-and we're going to enter the building from here-" he pointed to a blue x on the map. "-so we don't trigger the alarm."

"How come you don't just-"

"Break the glass open and start pulling out huge bags of cash like they do in movies?" Hoseok cut me off and I dropped my eyes as he laughed. "Listen, sweetpea, we're not like those thugs on the big screen. This is how professionals do it. We aren't messy with anything. Especially murder."

At that he grinned a sideways grin that sent shivers down my spine. I gulped, shaking my head and looking back at Jungkook.

"Once we're inside, we'll split up. Hoseok, Taehyung, and Yoongi will go get the money from the big safe. And we-" he looked up at me and grinned a wide smile as he pointed to a black x on the map. "-get to take out the night guards."

"T-Take out?" I gulped, looking alarmed. Taehyung laughed, shaking his head.

"You won't have to kill them, don't worry," he chuckled, nudging Yoongi, who snickered. I pursed my lips, looking down at the map again.

"There will be about 4 of them. 2 here-" he pointed to one spot on the map, before sliding his finger across to point at another spot. "-and two here. Taehyung will encounter 2 of them, so we only have to worry about two of them. This is your first test. We're going to figure out if you would make a good field man, or a plotter."

"But-"

"We're here," Jin cut me off, turning to look back at us in the back. I sighed as Jungkook handed me a black ski mask.

"This is to hide your face in case Namjoon forgot to disable a few cameras," Jungkook said, pulling a mask over his own head. I had wondered at first why Namjoon didn't come with us, but I later learned he was working on disabling the cameras inside the bank.

Hoseok pushed open the back doors of the van, peeking out for a moment before he hopped out. Yoongi handed him three giant black duffle bags and went out after him. Following him was Taehyung and then Jungkook.

He turned around to look at me still sitting inside and he groaned.

"Do you want to get arrested, princess?" He grumbled, grabbing my wrist and dragging me out. Once the door was closed, Jin sped off into the direction of the rendezvous point. I silently followed Jungkook and the other men to the back of the building, where Hoseok kicked away a few stones before his foot came across a door handle.

Yoongi pulled a glove on and bent down to yank the door open. Taehyung stepped forward, climbing down the ladder. Hoseok and Yoongi followed him and I waited for Jungkook to go but he turned to look at me.

"Ladies first," he smirked and I sighed, climbing down the ladder. Once I reached the bottom, I noticed there was a door directly behind us, and labeled on it was "Direct Safe Entrance".

"Well, I'll be damned," I scoffed, watching as Hoseok yanked the door open. Blinding white light blinded me for a mere second and I heard Jungkook climb down the ladder.

The three men ducked inside, and Jungkook brushed past me to follow them. I took in a deep breath before following them inside.

We were inside the safe, but nobody was shoving money inside the bags. Instead, they opened the other door inside the safe.

And we were immediately met with the first night guard.

Hoseok had a cloth pressed against the guards nose in seconds, covering his mouth as he struggled for a few seconds before he knocked out. Yoongi helped him drag the guard into the safe, and gestured for me and Jungkook to exit.

"We'll get to the big safe, just take out the other guards," Hoseok grunted as he struggled to haul to buff man into the safe. Jungkook nodded, grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of the safe.

"What's the plan?" I whispered as he dragged me through the darkness. He shushed me, listening for the sound of footsteps as we walked blindly through the dark.

I looked in front of Jungkook's feet and noticed a weird shine on the ground.

Almost like...

"Jungkook wait-"

Snap.

"Shit!" He yelled as the alarms started going off. It was a trip wire, invisible to the eye unless you were trained to spot them.

5 night guards appeared out of nowhere, and Jungkook backed up into me so we were now standing back to back. Something hard and cold pressed against my lower back and I realized it was a gun.

"Jungkook, let me have your gun," I mumbled as the guards closed in. Jungkook scoffed, lunging forward to tackle one of them. However, he was met with three more, leaving two of them to me.

Piece of cake.

I smirked, crossing my arms as the guards took cautious steps towards me. I kicked my foot backwards, the heel of my boots latching onto the gun in Jungkook's pocket. I picked it up, waving it around boredly.

"Do you really want to do this, boys?" I yawned, looking over at them. One of them snickered.

"You don't scare us, lady. We're taking you down," he responded, lunging forward.

Two gun shots.

Just enough to cripple him.

He screamed out, and the other guards immediately scrambled, startled by the noise.

We now had approximately 10 minutes before my team would show up.

I turned to look at Jungkook, who was still on the ground staring wide eyed at me.

I looked back at the night guard, walking towards him and pressing my shoe into his chest.

"Now I might let you live, if you tell me how to open the big safe," I smiled, leaning down towards his face. He spat at me, and I set my jaw on edge.

I dug the heel of my boot into his injured leg, earning a blood curdling scream from him.

"I'll ask you one more time," I growled, digging deeper and making him yell louder. I could feel the four men watching me. "How do we open the fucking safe?"

"T-There's a card...you n-need -fuck-you need the card to open the s-safe," he breathed out through pained grunts. "On m-my belt."

I glanced down, noticing the bright gold card on his belt. Hoseok wasted no time grabbing the card and walking away with Yoongi and Taehyung.

"Now, when the police get here. You don't know what happened. You didn't see anyone. You fainted after the gun went off and all the money was gone when you came to. Got it?" I asked, tilting my head as he nodded.

"Good. Let's go," I said, turning around and brushing past a open-mouthed Jungkook.

"W-Wait," he stammered, catching up to me. I turned to look at him, smirking at his confused facial expression.

"How did you...what..." He was struggling to get his thoughts together and I chuckled, looking back to watch the three men pack the bags with money.

"I'm not as innocent as you may think, Jungkook. I know a few things," I winked, causing him to just shake his head in response.

"I just...I guess I was wrong about you, Lina Kim," he breathed, staring at me. I shrugged, hearing police sirens.

"Alright we need to go!" I yelled as Hoseok shoved the last stack of cash into the bag. The three men booked it out and I was about to follow when Jungkook grabbed my wrist.

"Congratulations, Lina," he grinned, causing me to stare wide eyed at him.

"You're now officially a member of Bangtan Boys."