Chapter 9

Feelings were an absolute red flag for me. Getting involved with a criminal was something I could never bring myself to do yet here I was.

Making out with a mafia boss I swore an oath to kill.

Even with this knowledge floating in the back of my mind I didn't seem to care as I felt Jungkook caress my sides as his tongue invaded my mouth. My hands couldn't contain their excitement as I let them wander over his shoulders and across his chest.

It was like I didn't have control over my own actions anymore. He pulled his mouth away from mine and let his lips travel down my neck as he hooked my legs around his. I let my head hang back, cradling his head in my hands.

As soon as he slid his hands under my shirt, a knock at the door made me freeze up. However, he kept his hands under my shirt as he groaned in annoyance. "Who the fuck is it?"

"I know you're...busy, but it's urgent. Namjoon got a ping on that corrupted file."

My heart instantly dropped into my stomach, feeling a sense of panic wash over me. I had to keep him from seeing that file. I had no idea if Namjoon had discovered the truth, but I couldn't risk it.

"Doesn't he know I'm busy? Jesus fucking Christ, give me a few minutes," he pulled his hands out from under my shirt and sighed, lifting his head to look into my eyes. "I hate to cut your... punishment short but duty calls."

He leaned forward and kissed me one more time before stepping away and adjusting his shirt. I adjusted my own clothes and stood up in silence, following Jungkook out of his room. There was literally nothing I could say or do to stop him without him thinking I was suspicious.

So I just swallowed my pride and prayed to God that Namjoon hadn't uncovered the truth.

We reached Namjoon's room, and the computer was already facing us as we walked in. Namjoon took a quick note of Jungkook's messy hair and the slow forming hickey on my neck and cleared his throat. "Hope I didn't interrupt anything?"

"Just fucking talk," Jungkook grumbled, shifting his weight so he was closer to me. "What could be so important that you had to pull me away from... business."

"That encrypted FBI file is going to be harder to crack than I thought. Whoever did it really didn't want anyone to see it. But, I did manage to get this," Namjoon started typing some stuff on the computer, and I felt Jungkook lean a little closer to me. I felt his hand slide across my back and travel down to my ass, and I slapped his hand away after he squeezed it. "I did some digging and came up with a surname. Monroe."

Oh. Great. Wouldn't be much longer until I was getting a bullet put through my skull.

"That doesn't exactly help us, does it? Don't call me down for stupid shit. I'm a busy man," Jungkook rolled his eyes and slid his arm across my shoulders, turning around and guiding me out of the room. "Seriously you'd think I work with a bunch of airheads."

"Because you do," I poked his side and earned a smile from him. "But they're also a bunch of airheads that you adore whether you want to admit that or not."

"I know I asked you this before, but I want to ask you again. Now that I trust you 100%, why did a cunning little thing like you decide to join a gang? Especially one as bloodthirsty as us?" Jungkook suddenly asked me, pulling me to a stop. He grabbed both of my hands in his and sighed. "It's been bothering me for a while now and I just...I need to know. You seem more like the crime fighting type rather than the crime causing type."

Well, he wasn't wrong.

"Well if you want to know the truth, my plan was to study to became an FBI agent once I was out of high school. And I did go to college for it for a few years but...I realized how messed up the system is, and I don't want to work for something like that," I lied, looking down at his hands holding mine. I could use his feelings for me as a window to gather information much faster. My own feelings didn't matter anyway, since he was a criminal. It was just lust after all. I pulled my hands from his and stepped forward to wrap my arms around his neck with a smile. His hands found my waist and he tugged my body closer to him. "On the plus side, I got to meet you didn't I? I'd say that's something good."