A Life for a Life

"Me and my big mouth." Cece thought to herself. The young woman glances at Kakyoin standing at her right. She doesn't know what he is thinking right now especially what she confess to him. Joseph approach the owner of the truck to sell the truck to them. The man instantly change his mind when Joseph wave money in his face. Joseph takes the driver's seat. Kakyoin takes the window seat and Cece takes the seat between them. "I'm flooring it, guys!" Joseph presses the gas. 

"Let's kill an old vampire." Cece replies. 

Driving down the busy street, Joseph told them that the atmosphere from Dio is coming close to them. Kakyoin asks if Dio knows where he exactly is. Joseph shakes his head, "No, his body is that of my grandfather Jonathan Joestar. We can sense each other due to a strange wavelength between us." All Dio knows is that there is a Joestar nearby since he can't tell the difference. "At least we have that to our advantage..." Cece spoke up, "He will keep his eyes on us since I am here..." 

The thought frightens the both of them. The black car is driving close to them. "Dio is in there!" Joseph told them. Kakyoin glances at Cece then summons his stand to attack the vampire. With that single look, Cece's mind clicks to summon a barrier around his stand. Hierophant Green approaches the side of the black car where Dio sits. He uses an emerald splash to attack Dio. With a flick of his finger, Dio is able to protect himself from his attack. 

"Even when I concentrated the splash, he dodged it!" Kakyoin told them. Cece shouts at him to call back his stand. Just as her warning left her lips, the World appears in front of Hierophant. His fist made contact with Isis' barrier, saving Hierophant from injuries. The power of the World's punch sends the stand to crash against the light pole. Cece winces from the strength behind the stand's punch as she maintains a barrier around Hierophant. Kakyoin sends his stand away. 

"That was close." Cece let out a breath. Kakyoin nods his head, "Thank you for your help." Joseph tells him to be careful since he was too close to him. Kakyoin had to admit, he was caught off-guard by the sight of the World. Cece saw his body shaking as he lost in his thoughts. Her right hand clasps his left. This touch brought him back to reality. In response, he held her hand to release a tense breath. "Kakyoin, are you all right? Do you see the World?" Joseph decides to ask. Kakyoin turns his head to the both of them. He told them that he was attacked around ten meters.

"His stand must has some terrifying secret far beyond anything we can imagine." Kakyoin noted that the World is a close ranged stand that depends on his fists. He suggests that he could attack Dio without him noticing then they might have a chance of defeating him. He could feel Cece held his hand tighter. The sight of her pale face made him worry. Joseph could also see her expression. "We have to be cautious especially with someone like him." Then he glances at his rear view mirror. 

"That's strange. His car stopped-" 

"Watch out! Something flying at us!" 

Kakyoin pulls Cece to his arms, saving her from the broken window that shattered behind her. The truck flew in the air as Joseph tries to control. Opening the door, Kakyoin grabs Cece to take her out of the truck. Joseph follows them, narrowly escaping their crash. They fly over to the building's roof with their stands. After flying a couple of roofs down, they landed to face Dio at the ground. 

Cece made eye contact with Dio which made him smirk. "What are you doing, Kakyoin?!" Joseph wants them to move. Kakyoin held Cece close to him when seeing Dio's smirk. "I've figured out a way to reveal what Dio's stand truly is." Kakyoin declares. He felt Cece's hand grasp tightly on the sleeve of his shirt. "We have to move." Cece's voice turns hoarse.

+++